Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You anyone think it’s a good idea to cam and do full header back exhaust? I have a few things done to it, except that. Ideas?

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Probably

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Dick Pickles
5,972 Posts
That’s a risky move, but it could work.

Reactions: jcs003

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
50/50 chance it will work. Ideas? Yeah lots of them, that’s what keeps me up at night.

Reactions: prdnme

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,223 Posts

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,223 Posts
You anyone think it’s a good idea to cam and do full header back exhaust? I have a few things done to it, except that. Ideas?
We're givin' ya shit because of your vague statement/question/query with no detail.
Rephrase the question for us, provide your build info and specific cam you are talking about.
We CAN be serious....provided a serious question with info.

·
Premium Member
4,906 Posts
There is nothing the matter with your question!

These engines really respond to a camshaft with increased
lift, along with a moderate increase in duration.

So, if we increase the mass flow in for a given engine,
we must also increase the engines ability to evacuate
said mass flow via a better exhaust system.

Good Luck!
RD

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Premium Member
4,906 Posts
We're givin' ya shit because of your vague statement/question/query with no detail.
Rephrase the question for us, provide your build info and specific cam you are talking about.
How serious would you like to get. . . .
RD

·
Premium Member
4,906 Posts
This forum has changed much over the last ten years, or so.

We are now seeing an influx of second owners joining our community.

Mr. Surely wrote:

I now cut and paste a post made by the owner of Speed-Talk, Mr. Mike Jones, who is one of the most knowledgeable people in the
world regarding induction systems.

If someone asks for help, be helpful.
Post by speedtalk » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:28 pm

There's a good number of new members, that may not have the knowledge or experience you do. If they ask a question that you think is remedial, just remember, it might not be remedial to them. The answer may be something you've known for 30 years. That doesn't mean it's any less important to the person that doesn't know it.

One other thing, if a person is asking for a little performance help on their normally aspirated engine, and you comment "Supercharge it", "Put a turbo on it", or "throw some nitrous on it", I will ban you for life.

Cheers,
RD

1 - 15 of 15 Posts