Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
Has anyone tried this cam and if so how satisfied were you with it? How was the lope with this cam?
For what ever it is worth to you Mr. Big. . .

Your going to be much better off working with Matt
regarding your camshaft needs for many reasons.
1) Purchasing the correct cam, per your requirements.

2) Post service, which you will most likely require,
especially as related to tuning.

Good Luck!
RD

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
BTR...mass production custom.

Reactions: Rubber Duck

·
Dick Pickles
5,944 Posts
I’ve had a BTR 1 cam in the wagon for, I think, about 9 years now. It is certainly more mild cam than the BTR 2, but it’s been a great cam with stock heads for what I was looking for. When I finally have a break from life, I will install Matt’s 2.5 cam that I purchased (w/ a matching set of heads of course) way too long ago. It’s been sitting in my office staring at me. Like RD stated, Matt is your go to for this platform. I love working with Brian Tooley and I have one of his cams in my T/A, but Matt is a great individual to work with and he will point you in the right direction. (y)

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
I’ve had a BTR 1 cam in the wagon for, I think, about 9 years now. It is certainly more mild cam than the BTR 2, but it’s been a great cam with stock heads for what I was looking for. When I finally have a break from life, I will install Matt’s 2.5 cam that I purchased (w/ a matching set of heads of course) way too long ago. It’s been sitting in my office staring at me. Like RD stated, Matt is your go to for this platform. I love working with Brian Tooley and I have one of his cams in my T/A, but Matt is a great individual to work with and he will point you in the right direction. (y)
You wrote:
" I will install Matt’s 2.5 cam that I purchased (w/ a matching set of heads of course) way too long ago. It’s been sitting in my office staring at me."

And I will bet you 'Stare Back'. . .Don't You..:D

Reactions: prdnme

·
Dick Pickles
5,944 Posts
You wrote:
" I will install Matt’s 2.5 cam that I purchased (w/ a matching set of heads of course) way too long ago. It’s been sitting in my office staring at me."

And I will bet you 'Stare Back'. . .Don't You..:D
Yes! And that damn cam wins every time, too! I always blink first. :cautious:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Which heads did you get?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the engine ready to come out but can’t find a lift in my area. Everyone is sold out for some reason. I guess because of COVID everyone started summer projects early lol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
Got the engine ready to come out but can’t find a lift in my area. Everyone is sold out for some reason. I guess because of COVID everyone started summer projects early lol
Just pull together 4-Big Willy's and lift the thing out with your bare hands..lol

Reactions: Bigwilly1267

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,127 Posts
I may have done it a time or two, works better on a two post though.
Actually curious about this. I have a two-post. I MAY be looking at pulling the engine whenever I tackle my upgrade plan. Are you dropping the strut/UCA assemblies with the cradle?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Yes, I haven't done it with the Cadillac yet but it wouldn't be a big deal at all. It's how a lot of the shops work on the vettes, drop both cradles with the torque tube connecting them and lift the body off. Vengeance does it in a lot of their build videos.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I've dropped plenty of motors out the bottom on mod motor mustangs, f-bodies and C5/6's. I would never do it on a V. I've never pulled a motor on a late model car that was easier than the V. Once the blower is off, you can get to all the bellhousing bolts from the engine compartment. There's plenty of room to pull it out the top. I did this by myself over ~4 hours taking my time spread out over two nights after work.

Getting the headers out is the hardest part, but even that is relatively easy with my ARH's once I get the steering shaft out.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Not that easy if you don't have a cherry picker lol. I've pulled them both ways on the vettes, both ways have pros and cons for sure. I haven't had to pull my motor yet in the v, but I'd likely pull it out the top as well just because I like my lift free in between bigger projects like that.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts