Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
If you have seen my previous post you would know that I am new and that my V was making a weird noise. It sounded like a pulley was messed up but that was not the case. I tried everything I could to fix his noise but nothing made a difference, I then took it to a mechanic and he told me it might be the flexplate/flywheel. So I got the trans dropped and looked at but that was not the problem. I then took it to a Cadillac dealership and got them to diagnose it. They have found out that it is the camshaft making the noise and are asking me $6,260 CAD to fix it. Has anyone ever had any problem like this, the car drives perfectly like nothing has changed and it only has 81,000 km's on it. If you have any input it would be greatly appreciated and you can look at my old post to find out what the noise is like. Thank you and have a great day.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
If it's making noise, but runs fine, it's got a bad camshaft bearing. It might continue to run OK for a while (except for the noise) but eventually it'll break in a way that would cost a lot more to fix. You need to bite the bullet and pay for the fix, or sell the car discounted by that amount to someone who's willing to buy it with the problem and fix it (or pay to have it fixed) themselves...

·
Registered
3,656 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it's making noise, but runs fine, it's got a bad camshaft bearing. It might continue to run OK for a while (except for the noise) but eventually it'll break in a way that would cost a lot more to fix. You need to bite the bullet and pay for the fix, or sell the car discounted by that amount to someone who's willing to buy it with the problem and fix it (or pay to have it fixed) themselves...
What would you think would be the cost of repair in order to get it fixed.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
What would you think would be the cost of repair in order to get it fixed.
Dealerships charge more for labor than most shops. I'd shop around. For the 6k, you might find a shop that would do the repair, and some upgrades; like a new cam shaft, new timing chain with guide, maybe oil pump, valve train upgrade.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I called the dealership and was told that it could be a camshaft or lifter issue. I am going to take it to a friend and take off the head's and see if he finds anything.

·
Premium Member
3,103 Posts
Grey Rectangle Font Beige Parallel

I’m sorry for the unfortunate circumstance the OP is in, but this shit right here was funny.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts