Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which would you choose and why. I have a 2011 coupe with an auto.

Just purchase 1050x, 2.55 upper, flex, and hx on the way.

I am running a b&b catback with stock cats and manifiolds. I also have an airaid intake.

I know the btr3 can be tuned to work and i already own it (got a smoking deal on an NIB one)...........but can always sell it if there are better choices.

I want a nice cam lope.

I am wondering if someone can explain the main differences between the 2 in laymans terms as im not a cam numbers guy.

Thanks in advance

·
Vendor
13,013 Posts
They are both around 0* overlap at .050" but one uses more exhaust duration and a wider LSA to get there and the other less exhaust duration and a tighter LSA. Of course the valve events especially on the exhaust side are changed because of those differences. For cams in that size range I am biased towards our 2.5 cam though :)

If you are only considering those two options only I would stick with the BTR3 you already purchased cheap.

·
Super Moderator
17,096 Posts
I would pick neither of those cams for an auto.

LT1Z stage 2 or 2.5 would be the best choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
339 Posts

Why?

Reactions: idahogn

·
Super Moderator
17,096 Posts

Why?
Because you need a great tune for those cam choices on a 6A to not surge

LT1Z 2 and 2.5 are proven outstanding choices for LSA automatics

·
Registered
340 Posts
I would choose the BTR cam if you're really limiting your choice to those two, but i'll be honest and not being a leg humper by saying that you should consider and speak with GPTuning/Lt1z. He has seemed to figure out great cam specs based on reliability and performance. In your case, I'd go with his 2.5 cam. It'll give you chop similar to the BTR stage 3, but it's more forgiving on the valvetrain and there are numerous people that are putting down big power with his specs.
He's great to deal with and keeps it real. He helped me quite a bit on my build and put up with my questions.
He's a man of few words however. He replies promptly, but he aint got no time to write you a story. It's not him being rude in any way, so keep that in mind.

·
Vendor
13,013 Posts
Ban this guy because he didn’t use LT1Z
FWIW, I personally don't really care what people use if the car isn't being built by us. I gave advice based upon the two cams he asked a question about. I am glad that we do have so many happy customers on this forum and beyond though who recommend us to people looking to mod their LS/LT cars and trucks. I have even sold a few BTR cams to people who wanted to go that way.

·
Super Moderator
17,096 Posts
I don’t run the LT1Z in my V, but I have installed several 2 and 2.5’s in LSA automatics and they both drive, dyno and MPH at the track.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts