Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've seen a lot of conversation of AUTO versus Manual and would like to put it to the test.

I've got a bone stock, 2012 M6 with 38,000km on it.

Any V's around Vancouver who want to make some pulls to end all the bench racing that goes on between the auto/manual group.

Let me know!

CHEERS.

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Hey guys,

I've seen a lot of conversation of AUTO versus Manual and would like to put it to the test.

Any V's around Vancouver who want to make some pulls to end all the bench racing that goes on between the auto/manual group.

Let me know!

CHEERS.
at this point its not bench racing, its been proven over and over, but there is no harm in finding out for yourself.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Lol from a dig theres no doubt the auto will win.

From a roll it would be close...the auto has more aggressive gearing in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear.

Its pretty much a proven fact that the autos are faster.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol from a dig theres no doubt the auto will win.

From a roll it would be close...the auto has more aggressive gearing in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear.

Its pretty much a proven fact that the autos are faster.

Faster in the 1/4 for et, yes. Trap speeds on a manual seem to dictate otherwise.

Higher whp, less weight and a driver mod....I'd like to see what happens from a roll.

:) If I lose. Great. Either way, it'll be fun and make for some great vids.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Faster in the 1/4 for et, yes. Trap speeds on a manual seem to dictate otherwise.

Higher whp, less weight and a driver mod....I'd like to see what happens from a roll.

:) If I lose. Great. Either way, it'll be fun and make for some great vids.
1/4 mile trap speeds seem pretty similar usually...but auto cars typically trap higher at the 1/8th mile.

Id like to see this done, however unless the race starts at like 60+mph the auto car still has a gearing advantage and of course shift times in its corner

After that speed the manual car should inch ahead with a good driver

·
Super Moderator
8,604 Posts
Hey guys,

Let me know!

CHEERS.
I think you're the only stock V left on the planet, much less a small V population like British Columbia.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you're the only stock V left on the planet, much less a small V population like British Columbia.
I think you're right. I think what you're really saying is...I need to man the F up.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I will be in Van mid April ... I am pullied but have headers so that slows me down to stock and I'll run ya 100% hit highway 1 late

·
Registered
529 Posts
If your in the Ontario area in the next two months I'll run ya. Not going to be stock for much longer lol.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
So what if he's all stock? Think you're so cool?
Don't put him down for that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't live right at the coast but mine is bone stock 2014 coupe. At the ripe old age of 67 I finally got a car that's as fast as one of my bikes. It might not be well known, but Vancouver has a larger number of cars over $200,000.00 in relation to the population than anywhere else in the world. Don't know about V's

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
I don't live right at the coast but mine is bone stock 2014 coupe. At the ripe old age of 67 I finally got a car that's as fast as one of my bikes. It might not be well known, but Vancouver has a larger number of cars over $200,000.00 in relation to the population than anywhere else in the world. Don't know about V's
Yes, and many of those car's drivers have green 'N's on the back...

·
Super Moderator
20,463 Posts
I don’t get it, the thread title is about stock V’s in British Columbia.

Plus, at four months old, I guess you had to really search for it?

And I don’t think it made any reference to wagons, specifically.

So, I just thought it was odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts