Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ok so I just thought of a color that I believe would be perfect! Paint them white diamond like your car. It would be a little tougher to keep clean, but imo it would look amazing. I used to have a Baroque Red CTS that I wantd the calipers painted but nothing matched well at all, so I went with the color of the car and it looked great! Everyone loved it including myself!
View attachment 158635
I’m going to look into the white diamond. Wouldn’t be any worse than yellow. Thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
2012 V Coupe Auto with a view of the Moon
840 Posts
I’m going to look into the white diamond. Wouldn’t be any worse than yellow. Thanks for the reply.
Go to G2.com and put your paint code in and they’ll make it for ya. Been there, done that. It’s a little extra but will definitely be worth it imo

·
Premium Member
13,813 Posts
I can’t imagine doing white calipers, between dirt and wondering if they will yellow

my vote is for one of the 3 factory offerings

·
Registered
2012 Bad FN V
139 Posts
They are hard to keep clean but I detail cars on the side so have a good detail brush looks like a big painters brush and I use Adam’s wheel cleaner eats brake dust with minimal effort

·
Premium Member
13,813 Posts
i dont track my car but people were turning their calipers bronze on the track so im spooked, and no detailing will get them white again

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
i dont track my car but people were turning their calipers bronze on the track so im spooked, and no detailing will get them white again
I respectfully disagree Rob. Mine aren’t white but I keep mine super clean and brake dust free all over. I’d imagine you can put some ceramic coating on that paint too to help out. That would certainly do the trick imo

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
yes i clean my calipers too lol

im saying they have been known to turn brown from excessive heat, not dust
If this guy got the G2 Custom color tho, I would think heat shouldn’t be an issue. But who knows? Hopefully we’ll see it and how it looks and works from this feller or lady

·
Premium Member
13,813 Posts
i couldnt tell you which is more heat resistant, the original coating from brembo or a brush on paint from G2, but I guess he could always recoat them if they did
still think its a bit miami-vice

·
Registered
34 Posts
Black goes with everything. Understated, but classy in a high-gloss black and a white V logo...

Reactions: MountainDrew

·
Registered
268 Posts
At one point I considered changing up my caliper color as well but ultimately decided to stick with silver. I just don't think you have a lot of color options that look "cohesive" with the combo of WDT and bronze/gold wheels. Unless you just really want something that stands out, like bright green or something crazy, but that wasn't the look I was going for. I think silver, black and maybe like a dark bronze/gold are the best options... and possibly WDT (but white calipers just seem like they wouldn't stay white for very long). Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Or

Grey Silver Font Athletic shoe Personal protective equipment

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Looks awesome brother! Love the new wheel color too! Its unfortunate with white diamond your’e limited with brake caliper color choices. Any tri colors usually will clash so your only good choice is go with WD(which looks awesome) for that reason.
Even Cadillac made a disastrous choice when they painted their red V’s and then on some went with a different color red. Major clash! Not sure what they were thinking there, but Helen Keller could see that was a bad choice

·
Registered
38 Posts
Who Powder Coater calipers nowadays? I don’t remember. Who did mine? I’m having trouble finding somebody to do my one over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,319 Posts
Who Powder Coater calipers nowadays? I don’t remember. Who did mine? I’m having trouble finding somebody to do my one over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Day-drinking should be avoided.

·
Premium Member
5,676 Posts
21 - 40 of 59 Posts