Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
241 - 251 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Electric lawn care is where its at unless you are a commercial business. But for personal use as much as I like ICE, I have switched everything to battery except the mower only because I got a real nice Honda mower for free.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I was talking to a guy in the complex who has a GTR (very nice!) up on blocks in his garage.

Just failed smog, bad checksum (tuned ecm).

He may go the out of state registration route.

Not a very happy guy.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Well we finally pulled the trigger - bought a home south of Knoxville and move end of March.
Enjoy! You know you're pretty close to The Tail of the Dragon. It's a fun drive. If Bowling Green is ready for the TBBS (and one V) crew to have our annual get together in May, I'll probably drive over for another cruise through the curves.

Reactions: Head Hunter

·
Registered
111 Posts
I was talking to a guy in the complex who has a GTR (very nice!) up on blocks in his garage.

Just failed smog, bad checksum (tuned ecm).

He may go the out of state registration route.

Not a very happy guy.
Out of state won't work if he is here for more than 10 days. Another state's registration, separate insurance policy, separate driver's license, separate out of state residence, and all that won't work if he gets pulled over and the cop wants to fuck with him.

Reactions: subaru335i

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,594 Posts
So tourists in town for two weeks have to register/insure/smog?
Sorry, doesn’t pass the smell test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
21,977 Posts
I’ve known plenty of people who move here to Cali and never registered their car here, though I’m not certain if they have a Cali DL.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Out of state won't work if he is here for more than 10 days. Another state's registration, separate insurance policy, separate driver's license, separate out of state residence, and all that won't work if he gets pulled over and the cop wants to fuck with him.
If a cop wants to fuck with you he will make shit up.

I know a couple of guys who have AZ plates just to avoid Mr. Smogman and they never get hassled.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,594 Posts
I’ve spent quite a bit of time living in a hotel while doing contracting work out there. I never got questioned about my Texas plates. How does one (or how does the state) determine “living there” versus visiting, as relates to cars?
Of course, their TAX code has a definite number of somewhere. But that doesn’t help as they’ll go after even non-residents for taxes.

·
Registered
111 Posts
So tourists in town for two weeks have to register/insure/smog?
Sorry, doesn’t pass the smell test

Residents, not tourists. He's already in the system, so it's going to be a lot harder to set something like that up and get the vehicle out of the system.

241 - 251 of 251 Posts