Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
201 - 220 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Focus on priorities. There's multiple drag strips and road courses within just a few hours of the middle of NC. Come to Charlotte.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I don't know. Knoxville is just 200 miles from Beech Bend Park (LS Fest) and 60 miles from The Tail of The Dragon. Sounds like a good location for a car guy.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Since you like Golf, look at Crossville. It's in between Nashville and Knoxville. Leaving you courses around either big city a day trip and Crossville has a lot of courses. I'm not a golfer, but Crossville is apparently a golf vacation spot.
I was born and raised in Crossville. Left there in 1976 in search of my dreams.

My in-laws were born and raised in Crossville. It's a nice place to visit but there has to be some reason they decided to raise their family elsewhere. They did move back for a while in the late nineties-early 2000's but it didn't last long. They've been in the Carolina's ever since.
May I ask who your in-laws are?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I was born and raised in Crossville. Left there in 1976 in search of my dreams.

May I ask who your in-laws are?
My Father-in-law is Lonnie Thompson and my Mother-in-law was Carolyn Gore. They left Crossville in the late 60's early 70's. Carolyn's father ran Gore's Used Cars.

·
Registered
524 Posts
My Father-in-law is Lonnie Thompson and my Mother-in-law was Carolyn Gore. They left Crossville in the late 60's early 70's. Carolyn's father ran Gore's Used Cars.
Wow small world we live in. Knew Gore's used cars for sure and remember a lot of the Thompson's as well.
My Family owned Marlow Motor Company and Mountain Builders Supplies which are both no longer in business.
Funny that several of my older cousins are friends with Lonnie on FB.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Wow small world we live in. Knew Gore's used cars for sure and remember a lot of the Thompson's as well.
My Family owned Marlow Motor Company and Mountain Builders Supplies which are both no longer in business.

Small world indeed. Next time I see them I'll mention this. I'm sure Lonnie will say he remembers it all. Whether he actually does or not. Lol.

Reactions: SoCalDave

·
Registered
317 Posts
I spoke with Lonnie today and he said that he remembered you. Said you were a few years younger, close to his sister's age, Lawanda. He didn't know if you were in the same grade but he thought you should have went to school with her. He told me some story about how all of the car dealers used to meet for breakfast every Sunday morning at the Edgewood Restaurant so everybody knew everybody.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I spoke with Lonnie today and he said that he remembered you. Said you were a few years younger, close to his sister's age, Lawanda. He didn't know if you were in the same grade but he thought you should have went to school with her. He told me some story about how all of the car dealers used to meet for breakfast every Sunday morning at the Edgewood Restaurant so everybody knew everybody.
Boy does that statement bring back some memories. Yes I was a bit younger than Lonnie as I graduated in 1976. I'm sure he went to school with some of my older cousins though as they are close friends on FB. I do remember Lawanda in high school though she was a couple of years older than I and friends with my old sister.
Nice chatting with you on this.

·
Registered
317 Posts
:):cool:

Glad to spark up a little nostalgia for you. It's amazing how small this world can seem sometimes. Almost enough to make you believe that 6 degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon crap that was going around several years back.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Any CA members with a moded tune been through the test station since this started and if so what was the outcome?
Are they just looking for smog devise omissions or anything to do with the factory tune in general.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I don't care what you think about this guy's politics...much like I don't care who is more liberal or Libertarian in their leaning.

He is a car guy.

This sort of Dovetails into this thread.

Organism Terrestrial plant Font Event Photo caption

• Wow

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,217 Posts
that doesn’t make sense, does it? I understood that we no longer have “49 state” certification and special CA certification but all new cars are 50-state..... right???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
Seems simple that GM would refresh the computer to stock. They have the computer and the software. I had my BMW done and it was a multiple hour job, like 4 hours. They did say that if the refresh messed anything up it was on me and not them. Guess I was lucky. Les than $500 bucks for about four hours of their time.

201 - 220 of 232 Posts