1 - 20 of 232 Posts

·
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Yeah sucks. Its not clear if they will also look for the flash count data that is stored in most ECUs now too so they can tell if you have flashed it back to stock.

·
Premium Member
16,482 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Time to buy that spare ECU.
What good will that do if you are cammed, bigger injectors, etc? The car has to at least idle and not set codes, and the proper readiness monitors set during the test.

The key will be how far a modified tune cvn deviates from the stock cvns that GM gave to the BAR. If it fails over one variance, you are stuck flashing a stock tune on, and if the car won't run, you go back to stock. What sane person is going to demod every other year for smog?

Reactions: RobF300

·
Premium Member
13,457 Posts
And the fact that so many have made so much on their homes that cashing out is much more likely the biggest reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
but they are paying it on the other end too, real estate is booming everywhere
I guess people on the fence took the plunge to move, less congested areas, more space, less taxes, ability to work from home or early retirements.
Its not just a California thing houses here in the suburbs and upstate are on the market for mere days and receive multiple all cash offers over asking price from people fleeing the city

·
Premium Member
17,443 Posts
And the fact that so many have made so much on their homes that cashing out is much more likely the biggest reason.

And this is a great reason to move.

·
Registered
544 Posts
So I was just about ready to install my mods and get the tune and the libitards throw this at us...
What are the guys that are in Cal gonna do when smog time rolls around, put everything back to stock ever two years?
School me...

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Find friends in other states and register the car there.

·
Registered
213 Posts
This is going to force guys who were otherwise going to do only enough mods to pass smog (me) to go further and find someone to just pass it or find friends in other states. This is all about money at this point. If it was really about emissions there would only be a tailpipe test and definitely no bullshit visual test.

but they are paying it on the other end too, real estate is booming everywhere
I guess people on the fence took the plunge to move, less congested areas, more space, less taxes, ability to work from home or early retirements.
Its not just a California thing houses here in the suburbs and upstate are on the market for mere days and receive multiple all cash offers over asking price from people fleeing the city
While that’s this is true, most selling their houses in CA walk away with more than enough cash to cover a healthy downpayment on a cheaper house elsewhere. Everything in southern CA is $700k minimum these days, so pricing almost anywhere else is easy for us to stomach.

Competition is insane here - I put in an offer in February that was 5% over asking, which I thought was already overpriced. They received 45 offers in 4 days and I wasn’t even top 20. It ended up selling for 11% over.

·
Registered
399 Posts
So I was just about ready to install my mods and get the tune and the libitards throw this at us...
What are the guys that are in Cal gonna do when smog time rolls around, put everything back to stock ever two years?
School me...
Where there is a will there is a way. It's never held us back before. It might get more expensive but I'm sure someone will find a loop hole.
This is very annoying. We live in a state where you can mod your gender but you can't mod your car.
:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
17,443 Posts
California real estate is so grossly overpriced that as an example......

2500 sq in so cal is 2 million
2500 sq in Tennessee is $300k

You can pay off your home in Tennessee and retire on the $1.7million left in your pocket.

No brainer.

EDIT: And you can do whatever you want in Tennessee like buy lots of guns and mod cars.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Just got word from a buddy he failed inspection with a tuned charger... Passed nys inspection last year. Not sure what's going on.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
California real estate is so grossly overpriced that as an example......

2500 sq in so cal is 2 million
2500 sq in Tennessee is $300k

You can pay off your home in Tennessee and retire on the $1.7million left in your pocket.

No brainer.

I'm just outside Nashville and the prices are changing very quickly due to the CA money. According to zillow, my house has gone up $115k since buying it last June and our realtors latest news letter says people are getting cash offers for $40-50k over zillows estimated value. They have built 9 new houses in my neighborhood since November and 5 of them sold to families moving from California. A friend just sold his house last month to a family from CA and they aren't actually moving for a year.

·
Premium Member
17,443 Posts
That's changing very quickly. My house has gone up $115k since buying it last June. They have built 9 new houses in my neighborhood since November and 5 of them sold to families moving from California. A friend just sold his house last month to a family from CA and they aren't actually moving for a year.
Even if the 2500 sq in Tennessee is now $415k California man is still retiring with over a million In pocket.

Home prices are up everywhere, it’s the price delta that California man can capitalize on.

1 - 20 of 232 Posts