Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
At least the Vette drive cared enough to check in on them after the crash. The Caddy owner is a SUPER dumb shit. Glad the kiddo is alright.....but he probably shit himself.

·
Super Moderator
16,718 Posts
Odd that corvette driver took kid home? Were they related?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Odd that corvette driver took kid home? Were they related?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bet they are related, were bored from the shutdown, and decided to out and run.

I know lots of people who haven't been exactly of pristine behavior when their kids are in the car.

A couple guys on here have said how their kids love to go fast in their sedans.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I guess I'm lucky only one of my family and friends can run with me. And we both ran our V's at the same track day last fall, not on the street.

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Accelerating more than normal can be ok with a kid in the car, UP TO the speed limit. Drag racing, FUCK NO! Thank god the kid is alright. Hope the dad can come out ok. Doesn’t sound like he is doing very good. Dumbass!

I vaguely remember Cal wrecking his V. He rolled it quite a few times, I think, but was able to walk away. And he wasn’t even drag racing, just a lot of power with all the nannies off I think. Got over to pass someone, with too much throttle, and game over.

Shiny side up!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

I know lots of people who haven't been exactly of pristine behavior when their kids are in the car.

A couple guys on here have said how their kids love to go fast in their sedans.
My daughter loves the “sharp corners” route home. Going off the G’s on the DIC, I don’t think I’ve ever hit 0.8 with them in the car.
My son loves Corvettes. On a multi lane road, if I see a Vette or other muscle/sports ( of worth) that is willing to play, I may do a 40-60 pull, but never wot with them in the car.
Nannies are always on. Boost, minimal. Heck, my car scares me when I’m all alone and get on her hard.

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!

·
Registered
497 Posts
hate to say it. my dumbass did this once about 6 years ago with my kid in the car. went past the speed limit for sure, she is a roller coaster fan now and loves the feeling, but holy shit I absolutely hated myself for a long time and wouldn't drive her in my car for a while after that. I felt horrible after I slowed down and looked back and realized what I had just done. She was smiling, not scared, but it felt like child abuse. what if my tire blew, what if I lost control. She likes my V but if I put my foot down it lasts for literally 2 seconds just so they can feel it. I still, obviously lol, think about it.
cannot begin to wonder what this father feels like right now, assuming he is feeling anything. I can imagine he is beside himself and thanking whoever he wants to thank that his son is ok.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Divorce papers..

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Love me some good street racing crashes. Brightens up my day especially these days.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
A buddy of mine almost got divorced as a result of his driving style. He'd never do it with the wife in the car, but apparently drove hard with the kids all the time. Whenever they'd go someplace as a family, with the kids in the back seat, any time he'd go around a corner, even though he'd be doing it sedately, the kids would slide themselves across the back seat making tire squealing noises with their mouths.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Several years ago, my niece had a school program that included ride along day with the local police.
She came home that day beaming that her new police friend showed her how fast the cruiser could get over 100 mph.

My brother flipped out on the school

·
Registered
497 Posts
The shit my big brothers did to me as a kid would land them in jail for sure these days. I just think it instilled hot rodding in me...

EDIT- that doesn't mean the guy in the black V wasn't a dumb fuck. because. he. was.
this reminds me of high school. I was always the last to get in my buddies single cab pickup which meant I sat in the bed. he would purposefully drive crazy fast especially over speed bumps with me holding on for dear life in the back. one time I brought my in line skates to school(this was the mid 90s) and he pulled me with his truck while I held onto the bed going almost 60 miles an hour. man I did some dumb shit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts