21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,718 Posts
Now that is something.
Ford engineered it and let’s GM build it for GM products.

I am going to guess the 10 speed with be an upgrade from the 8 speed, both my F150’s have the same 10 speed trans and they are outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
608 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
It makes sense to bring the manual back while it also made sense to not put it in the V3.

For V3 the Cadillac team would have had to take the development budget hit.

Now, the Camaro team already took the hit. The parts are all there already.

I wonder how ZL1 volume estimates have done. Adding the manual could even just be a play to keep some suppliers happy by giving a boost to declining volume of aging ZL1 parts.

·
Super Moderator
16,718 Posts
Personally I think Denysshen was simply trying to be like the Germans on the V3 and that is when caddy lost its way....

Lutz was just old school and wanted the man pedal in V1 and V2.

I have heard the stories that the V3 team was all new as most of the V2 team took buyouts etc like John Heinricy etc.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Personally I think Denysshen was simply trying to be like the Germans on the V3 and that is when caddy lost its way....

I have heard the stories that the V3 team was all new as most of the V2 team took buyouts etc like John Heinricy etc.

That is sad.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts

I agree, Lutz was good for the V brand Johan not so much. Hell he gave us the wagon. The wagon is like the movie the Big Lebowski, decent at the time but over time a well thought out product and sought after. Did not do well at the box office but now they are gold.

·
Registered
882 Posts

I believe Heinricy was also a major factor in creating the TBSS. GM needs people like him so I can get an XT5-V to upgrade my garage to a V stable.

·
Super Moderator
16,718 Posts
Heinricy works for Hennessy now.......YIKES!!

·
3,827 Posts
Heinricy works for Hennessy now.......YIKES!!

Wow! Wonder if this has translated to an improved product. I’ve never seen anyone get so many 2nd chances as Hennessy. It certainly helps that the automotive press acts like nothing ever happened. Wonder how much that cost.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts