Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody see this? According to Car and Driver the new CT5-V will utilize a 6.2 supercharged V8 instead of the 4.2 Blackwing Twin Turbo V8 due to fitment issues. If this is indeed true I hope they use the LT5 instead of the LT4.

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
That would be great to see, but I’m really doubting they go with the 2650. They will probably stick with the lame ole 1700, that is where they are headed. LAME

Maybe Larry will chime in with some better news than that!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be great to see, but I’m really doubting they go with the 2650. They will probably stick with the lame ole 1700, that is where they are headed. LAME

Maybe Larry will chime in with some better news than that!
If they don’t use The 2650 rotor pack this car will be at a significant disadvantage against the competition. The Hellcat Charger will likely get the red eye treatment within a year and the Germans heavy hitters will only get better. It would be foolish for GM not to utilize the 2650 rotor pack when the engine already exist from the now discontinued C7 ZR1. Heck the GT500 uses this same rotor pack and that car is already kicking ass!

·
Super Moderator
16,706 Posts
Last I heard was LT4 with 30 more HP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That will be disappointing then.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I heard it's the same engine as the V3, no changes. The 6.2L was not the original plan but since the Blackwing V8 being discontinued, they have to make a change and had to do it quick and cheap. I wonder what the top performance "V" will be called?

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
30 more hp.... 1700. Gay

Whoever started that thread about the car show back East somewhere, they pretty much nailed it on the head that Cadillac is choking hard!

·
Registered
794 Posts
If you go back far enough the original math for the CT5-V showed a different engine but that wasn't the 4.2. The 4.2 was never planned and the LT4 has been planned for a long long time. What the media "expects" is just their speculation.

I like to point to the 5.5L they said the C7 was going to get. Then the C7 got announced with a 6.2L and even after that they still persisted with a rumor that it would get a 5.5L Now that the C7 has ended production you can see how that rumor they kept pushing turned out. There was never a 5.5L. Don't take this news as GM changed their mind, GM doesn't know what they're doing, etc. No, the media doesn't know what is going on and just makes shit up. Fake news. Facts.

It has nothing to do with fitment. Why would they drop 90 HP from the last car? STFU with oh it has good torque. They wouldn't is the answer. They aren't. Also, the Blackwing sucks and figuring out its suckitude is why it was delayed so damn long.

Another one I liked was the rumor that started going around the media once that there was going to be an LS7 powered ATS-V+. Damn, that would have been bad ass. A sweet idea. I want one. It was never a thing at all. When that was going around there was an LS7 alpha car planned. It was the Z28. The LS7 got canned and you now know that car as the ZL1 1LE.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
If you go back far enough the original math for the CT5-V showed a different engine but that wasn't the 4.2. The 4.2 was never planned and the LT4 has been planned for a long long time. What the media "expects" is just their speculation.

I like to point to the 5.5L they said the C7 was going to get. Then the C7 got announced with a 6.2L and even after that they still persisted with a rumor that it would get a 5.5L Now that the C7 has ended production you can see how that rumor they kept pushing turned out. There was never a 5.5L. Don't take this news as GM changed their mind, GM doesn't know what they're doing, etc. No, the media doesn't know what is going on and just makes shit up. Fake news. Facts.
I would have taken that as the 5.5L engine would have been getting developed for the C8, as that project was already well on it's way, and a DOHC 5.5L engine has virtually no chance of fitting in the hole under the hood of the C7.

·
Registered
794 Posts
The 5.5L they claimed the C7 would get was a small block. Outside of the GTLM cars there was no such thing. They made it up. Just like they made up that the 4.2L would go in the CT5-V. And like they made up an LS7 ATS-V+. They get tiny tid bits of maybe facts and blow them up into speculative articles with very little to no basis in reality.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
The 5.5L they claimed the C7 would get was a small block. Outside of the GTLM cars there was no such thing. They made it up. Just like they made up that the 4.2L would go in the CT5-V. And like they made up an LS7 ATS-V+. They get tiny tid bits of maybe facts and blow them up into speculative articles with very little to no basis in reality.
Any other OEM would have done these things though. GM is just retarded.

·
Super Moderator
16,706 Posts
Just hearing CT5V.R track is being delayed a few months and will be a 2022 MY now instead of 2021.

·
Super Moderator
16,706 Posts
Nothing more than what’s already in this thread.

The Rona is causing obvious delays.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts