Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,535 Posts
Face it guys, the force behind the V series was Lutz, once he was gone, the performance passion died.

Trying to maintain that type of don’t give a fuck passion is nearly impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
564 Posts
Face it guys, the force behind the V series was Lutz, once he was gone, the performance passion died.

Yep and the passion he brought is dying in several industries. Even in oil & gas, the culture has become more vanilla and softer and far more risk averse. These things dont fit the typical car guy or get our heart pumping. I was telling my wife the other day that the V2 will probably be the last newer fun car I ever own. It is fantastic for the time, but is a dying segment. The push now is try to sell cars with what look like insane power numbers and acceleration times that your 16yo can jump into and replicate without putting it into a wall. Some folks love this stuff and I certainly commend the tech advances to make it happen, but for a passion/hobby car it just isnt my bag. I feel like it is a shift in our culture. Most of us remember the time when you had to put a lot of time and effort into learning how to drive a high HP car competently. That just isnt a thing that a lot of people have the patience or drive to do anymore. They want the performance with no more effort than it takes to sign the paperwork in the finance office.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yep and the passion he brought is dying in several industries. Even in oil & gas, the culture has become more vanilla and softer and far more risk averse. These things dont fit the typical car guy or get our heart pumping. I was telling my wife the other day that the V2 will probably be the last newer fun car I ever own. It is fantastic for the time, but is a dying segment. The push now is try to sell cars with what look like insane power numbers and acceleration times that your 16yo can jump into and replicate without putting it into a wall. Some folks love this stuff and I certainly commend the tech advances to make it happen, but for a passion/hobby car it just isnt my bag. I feel like it is a shift in our culture. Most of us remember the time when you had to put a lot of time and effort into learning how to drive a high HP car competently. That just isnt a thing that a lot of people have the patience or drive to do anymore. They want the performance with no more effort than it takes to sign the paperwork in the finance office.
Couldn't agree with you more. I have been thinking lately that the V I have will most likely be the last car I build. Now every body is doing roll racing because it takes much less skill than going from a dig. All it takes is an automatic Hellcat and about 10k in mods to be a roll racing legend. Literally no skill involved in that. Plus its only a matter of time that electric cars will take over. That will be the slow death of true car guys.

·
Registered
763 Posts

One of the disappointments from the Big Wagon List is that I never found a car that was assigned to Lutz. There had to be one.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts