Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Anyone else get an email like this? Must be fallout from the failed V release last year. Seems like anytime Cadillac posts something about the new ct5 and ct4 vehicles on Facebook, all the replies are how disappointed consumers are that they got rid of the true V series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Interesting. If the car had an M badge it would have sold by the buckets because zee Krauts know how to market.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Don't bother responding. They're too clueless to figure out which responses are the ones that will help them anyway. Poorly thought out decisions every step of the way when it comes to naming and marketing.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Tell them to join this forum and browse the "Builds". That should give them some pointers.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got one. But I'm not gonna bother responding for the reasons V Wagon stated. Also because the link isn't to GM/Cadi; it's to (I'm assuming) a survey company they subcontracted.

·
Super Moderator
16,518 Posts
Real V’s still coming. The faux V’s are a huge mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Why did they did the rename the CTS-V to CT6-V in the first place? Pointless move! Then the bring the Blackwing? I have nothing against that engine, but the LT4 (or LT5) is what someone looking at a V wants. Sorry just a rant...I'll step down from my soapbox now.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Why did they did the rename the CTS-V to CT6-V in the first place? Pointless move! Then the bring the Blackwing? I have nothing against that engine, but the LT4 (or LT5) is what someone looking at a V wants. Sorry just a rant...I'll step down from my soapbox now.
The CTS is now the CT5 not the CT6. The new CT5-"V" is equivalent to the old CTS-Vsport. The CT5-V.R++SuperDeluxeUltra (whatever it's actually called) will be the true replacement for the CTS-V.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The CTS is now the CT5 not the CT6. The new CT5-"V" is equivalent to the old CTS-Vsport. The CT5-V.R++SuperDeluxeUltra (whatever it's actually called) will be the true replacement for the CTS-V.
Thanks for the correction and clarification. I still think the name change is pointless.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Thanks for the correction and clarification. I still think the name change is pointless.
I agree. We've had a few threads on here about how bad they fucked up building the V brand since '04 only to throw it away on these disappointing new "V lite" cars and starting from scratch -for no good reason- with whatever they end up calling the "true V" cars now.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree. We've had a few threads on here about how bad they fucked up building the V brand since '04 only to throw it away on these disappointing new "V lite" cars and starting from scratch -for no good reason- with whatever they end up calling the "true V" cars now.
Yeah the V platform pretty much resurrected them, and made them relevent again. The V is well respected, and is a major player for them. Reinventing their image with renaming and coming up with all those V wannabe models is going to kill them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a few comments on the topic but I think there is a huge point here. Regardless of whether you think cadillac will listen, you should provide your feedback if you can. I think the automotive world is better with proper V series cars, and while I am not a "new V car buyer" and probably won't ever be, they need to hear from those of you who are, and what they can do to keep making proper V-cars. MOstly because I'd like to be able to pick them up used in 10 years ;-)

What's embarassing is that cadillac tried to really just rip off BMW's branding strategy. BMW has their proper M cars, then created "M-sport" trim level and then created the "m235i" at a later date. The original V cars were the M car equivalent, and they need to keep it that way, but it requires a bit of "separation" from the regular car. I think after the v2, they were at a point to add a "v-sport" line, but the difference is two things, one, the "V-sport" was a combination of a trim and some medium performance upgrade (almost like the amg 43s).The other point is that the V-car has to be the halo through the other name changes or whatever. It's find if they make a ct5, but the CT5V has to be a huge press release, even if it's not going to sell well, and that will drive more ct5v-sports to be sold.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The V sport has already diminished the V brand.
Example. Ran into a guy at a gas station with a V sport and he thought my V2 was in the same arena as his.

·
Registered
83 Posts
But that's not really a problem. The people who know what the difference is won't be fooled, and the people who don't will buy the v-sport which drives revenue to Cadillac and feel they're getting a deal.

What's intersting, is that while the v-sport was never the true V, there are quite a few people who said it was a really competent car in it's own right in a different segment.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Even if they listen and create the perfect V, they will just cease production and re brand themselves for no apparant reason after 2-3 years any way.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts