Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i wanted to get some advice from y’all on this . I’ve been looking at pearl white 09 Ctsv out of state for 30k and with 40,000 miles on it. The only thing is it has a salvage title from a theft and has had 7 owners over the years . I was wondering if I should go through with the purchase or do you think I should leave the car alone because it will end up being a money pit.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Tough to say, does the car have any service history? The theft really depends on what was done to it, it’s not necessarily bad. My parents had a Camry stolen from their driveway a couple years ago, it had a few scratches but nothing major, my dad told the insurance company he didn’t want it back because he didn’t know if they had possibly done something to the vehicle, insurance company cut him a check for the car which only had 4200 miles on it and then they went after the car thief. In the end it is a branded title so resale is always an issue but if your not going to part with it and run it into the ground you could be ok. I do feel like you can probably get a car with a little more mileage and a clear title for the same $ though

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tough to say, does the car have any service history? The theft really depends on what was done to it, it’s not necessarily bad. My parents had a Camry stolen from their driveway a couple years ago, it had a few scratches but nothing major, my dad told the insurance company he didn’t want it back because he didn’t know if they had possibly done something to the vehicle, insurance company cut him a check for the car which only had 4200 miles on it and then they went after the car thief. In the end it is a branded title so resale is always an issue but if your not going to part with it and run it into the ground you could be ok. I do feel like you can probably get a car with a little more mileage and a clear title for the same $ though
I appreciate the quick response man. Do you think 7 owners in the past is a red flag?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hard to say again, shit happens and life happens. Never know when someone may have lost a job had a kid, moved overseas. Is there a carfax available?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Post the carfax report. You could also have an independent shop look at the car for you before you buy it. A few hundred bucks on a plane ticket isn’t terrible either if you want to physically put your eyes on it

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Post the carfax report. You could also have an independent shop look at the car for you before you buy it. A few hundred bucks on a plane ticket isn’t terrible either if you want to physically put your eyes on it
And might be well worth it in this instance.

Reactions: Ctarb1

·
Registered
983 Posts
Anyone else think that price is a little high for a salvaged title?
With some of the pricing on used vehicles now it seems like a solid number actually based on relatively low mileage. I’ve never really followed sedan pricing as I’ve always been a coupe guy but there are a couple out there 60k mileage for mid to upper 30’s

·
Registered
983 Posts
It was stripped pretty well, having said that the pictures from the jd by Ryder site the car looks great, but you obviously have an assemblage of parts from wherever including the engine

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It was stripped pretty well, having said that the pictures from the jd by Ryder site the car looks great, but you obviously have an assemblage of parts from wherever including the engine
so I should probably make the trip but have a mechanic check it out before buying ? Also on the dealerships website they posted a pic of the engine and you can hear a kind of ticking is that a red flag as well?

·
Administrator
22,264 Posts
Smh. You are asking for a lot of problems if you buy a stripped car.

Branded or salvaged title alone is a 30% reduction in market value, that should be your first clue that it’s probably not worthwhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Smh. You are asking for a lot of problems if you buy a stripped car.

Branded or salvaged title alone is a 30% reduction in market value, that should be your first clue that it’s probably not worthwhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you had any experiences with a salvaged or rebuilt car ?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.