Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning, My Beautiful CTS-V Owners. First off, just want to thank everyone who replies to my post and give me info on how to repair my car. You all have been great help and I appreciate all of you. I am in a position to where I have to do all my own repairs or at least as much as I can because even though we may be able to afford the bill from a mechanic, I rather put that extra money towards my kids.

Now down to business, I need a part number for a driver side glass. Early AM Saturday morning, someone decided, they were going to shatter my window into a million pieces. Now I'm only guessing that after my alarm went off it scared them, and they left, because they didn't steal anything. Not any of the sockets, or ratchets, or even the impact drill I left in my front seat. Foolish, I agree, but sometimes after a long bad day at work when you get home you think, eh, I'll get it later. My mistake. I want to match a part number to the glass I order. Insurance says they can fix it next Monday, but I already took the door panel and regulator out and cleaned everything of glass, so all I require is the glass itself and repair is complete. Thanks again, my fellow forum dwellers.

· Premium Member
2012 V Coupe Auto with a view of the Moon
874 Posts
Sounds like you pissed someone off on the road and breaking your winder was payback! Be careful who you give the bird to. LOL
Kidding of course. Good luck on your repair! Maybe RockAuto.com? Carparts.com?

· Registered
222 Posts
If the regulator is still working, it doesn't need to be removed to replace the window.

I just went through this with my passenger side rear window. I ended up getting a used piece of glass from regular CTS at a junkyard for $65 and replaced it myself. I would have taken less time and not messed up had I not been trying to follow the service manual pages from a first gen CTS (couldn't find anything for a 2nd gen). Once I figured out the right way to do it, it was pretty easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.