Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my 2012 with 81k miles in a shop right now for a cam install, trunnion upgrade, pulleys, CC. They called me today to say that cyl 5 had 47% leak down, two others were in the 30s, and the rest under 20. They are wanting 8-10k on top of the cam work it’s getting done to do pistons/rods and labor. I feel like that is insane.
I wasn’t looking to make insane power with the cam install (hoping for low- mid 600s). I’m thinking about just going along with the cam install and riding it out until she goes.

That being said. What would you guys suggest looking into (built short or long block) to replace this LSA with in the next year? I appreciate any insight and advice.

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
475 Posts
I am going to get a Dart LS Next 427 from Thompson Motorsports. Depending on sales or not, it's around $8000.

47% is steep! Do they have it tore down yet? I'd just wait and throw everything in the new engine, if you're going to go that route........

·
Registered
441 Posts
That’s a lot of dough, you can get a brand new lsa crate engine from jegs for a little over 11k

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
Call Al, SS1le02, I think on here. He can get you a better price for a short block than that. Austin performance as a sponsor on here I think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am going to get a Dart LS Next 427 from Thompson Motorsports. Depending on sales or not, it's around $8000.

47% is steep! Do they have it tore down yet? I'd just wait and throw everything in the new engine, if you're going to go that route........
They were doing valve springs when they tested and found the issues. I told them to go forth with the cam install and I’ll ride it out (not my daily) until I have the block to replace it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts