Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be in the market soon for some trunnions for my LSA. I prefer the idea of bronze bush’s over needle bearing but I do like the idea of the Shaft Mounts, with the better rocker clamping load, helps with deflection??(duck).

Any opinions/experiences? I know both will probably do the job, but I only want to buy once.

·
Registered
506 Posts
just make sure they have what ever in stock, ive been waiting for 8 months for some TSP roller rockers with che bush from the US but can't wait so updated to the Jesel shaft mount should be here in couple weeks, before i done the bush upgrade in stock rockers was fine much better then the stock bearings but the shaft mount style look good for stability, i looked at mine and preferred a roller tip tho

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just make sure they have what ever in stock, ive been waiting for 8 months for some TSP roller rockers with che bush from the US but can't wait so updated to the Jesel shaft mount should be here in couple weeks, before i done the bush upgrade in stock rockers was fine much better then the stock bearings but the shaft mount style look good for stability, i looked at mine and preferred a roller tip tho
Yeah good to know. I’ve enquired about both. Was more so assuming they are ballpark $$ wise, which is the preferred?

Do the BTRS come with a bushed bearing?

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Hey, leave the spell check for the Canadians.
*inquired

·
Registered
304 Posts
Wow. such sensitivity - you must be from California.

ENQUIRE VS. INQUIRE
What's the difference between enquire and inquire?

Enquire and inquire mean the same thing: to ask, to seek information, or to investigate. Enquire is a less common variant of inquire.
Their noun forms—enquiry and inquiry—also have the same meanings: a question, an investigation, a request for information, or the process of seeking information.
Both inquire and enquire are somewhat formal. Some speakers of British English may use both words, preferring enquire in contexts that are less formal. In the U.S., enquire is rarely used.
Here’s an example of enquire used correctly in a sentence.
Example: I’m calling to enquire about the open position.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When I enquired, the BTR shaft came with bearings from TK002 trunnion kit.

Have you considered the YT YT6667? They shipped a bad batch many years ago, have not read negatives after that time frame.
I want to stay stock rockers with the bushing upgrade as apposed to YT’s.

Will be with factory heads, but ported etc. Cam around the 23x/25x 117

2.45/8.6 or 9.1

·
Registered
79 Posts
I purchased the BTR shafts for my 396 LSA build BTR provides new roller bearings that are pressed in along with snap rings vs the originals LS rocker bearings were just pressed in. They look well built plus the steel stands are supposed to provide rigidity to the heads.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.