Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s this part called coming from intake.. Got a link I can buy a new one? It’s like the letter T
71F26971-EB4F-43C6-B473-158B0163E191.jpeg

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Millenials.
In an age where most people's definition of "reasearch" is a Google search, this shouldn't be surprising. Calling a parts department and looking at parts schematics isn't quick or easy.

·
Super Moderator
21,083 Posts
In an age where most people's definition of "reasearch" is a Google search, this shouldn't be surprising. Calling a parts department and looking at parts schematics isn't quick or easy.
Might not be quick but definitely not that hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Might not be quick but definitely not that hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. The mindset of a millennial picking up the phone to call someone isn't instinctual. But then again, going to any gm dealer parts site you can easily navigate around to different parts diagrams without having to pick up the phone.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
You can also just get rubber hose, a plastic T fitting and a tube of gasket maker. I believe 3/8" hose would work.

ETA: and old guys like us raised them, so...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
^ I second this. Just get some rubber fuel compateable hose and make it. You can heat up the plastic and pull out all the QD fittings and connect them to your hose. Probably cheaper and it's highly unlikely it will ever fail.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Ironically, ,my PCV fittings do not like 18+ psi. I get oil pushed out of some of the snap-on fittings, and have had to resort to my suggestion above.

90k miles also makes for brittle connectors, so it's bound to happen.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Ironically, ,my PCV fittings do not like 18+ psi. I get oil pushed out of some of the snap-on fittings, and have had to resort to my suggestion above.

90k miles also makes for brittle connectors, so it's bound to happen.
Don't need PCV with enough ring gap to evacuate the crank case 100 times a minute, lol.

Reactions: random84

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
That's good to know about the limits on those QD fittings. I imagine you could put a thicker o-ring in there to help it seal.....but at that point, just make it an AN fitting or use a hose and clamp. I don't have a single QD fitting now, but I was missing around with the idea of using one or two. I think I'll hold off and just keep the hose and clamp situation. The LS3 manifold has all the vacuum/boost reference provisions. I think 18PSI would be the max I'd run on my setup. 10PSI is a slip and slide at any MPH on summer tires (Nitto 555G2s).

I got off topic here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts