Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ordered this for my 2011 when I started having charging/starting issues. Ended up being a low battery and belt problem so didn't end up replacing. Like the title states, this is brand new and only opened the box so I could take pics. $220 plus shipping, OBO.......Can also text me bc I'm not on here alot. 7067814749

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: MYV

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump.....lowered price

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump it up....hit me with any offers

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SOLD. Please close thread...

·
Registered
374 Posts
This turned into a shit show. I bought the "supposed" new alt. It arrived at my door 2 day freight totally locked up. Pulley hanging outside the box that went from square to some other shape. Some bubble wrap inside to protect a 14 lb alternator. I took it to a local Delco certified rebuilder and long story short one of the phases is shorted to the case. Alternator is junk. And while Chris stayed in communication during this when I told him it was junk he offered to refund "part"of my money. After I told him I wanted all of my money back and would ship his junk alternator to him he disappeared off the face of the Earth.

DO NOT DO BUISNESS WITH THIS MAN! AT THE MINIMUM HE SUCKS AT PACKING. AT THE MAXIMUM HE KNOWINGLY SOLD ME A JUNK ALTERNATOR AND WONT REFUND MY MONEY.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never got notifications for the responses in this thread after the alternator originally sold so sorry for not responding earlier....I am attaching our text message thread throughout this unfortunate ordeal, BUT I have not heard anything from this dude since I WAS THE LAST ONE RESPONDING...there has been no discussion for a potential refund of funds, but as I stated in my for sale post and my conversation through texts, this IS a brand new oem alternator that had never been taken out except for photos as the images prove. You can check my past for sale postings and will find no negative reviews and even have used a few of the vendors on here who will also only have positive feedback doing business with. As you can see through my fast communication with him, I NEVER steered away from the problem, not just stopped communicating because HE never responded. I didn't hide from anyone and only tried to bring up solutions. I'm not the one who spent the funds for 2nd day air, and obviously shipping something 14 lbs in a box with bubble wrap it's going to bounce around a great deal in transit. I find it amazing that instead of the 2 parties even trying to start our creating our own solution, one just immediately tries to bash the other on a forum saying I dont communicate when it's a bs lie.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just opened the conversation to discussing what he would like to do about the situation because I didnt want to burn any bridges.
The only thing discussed about shipping, was to do with the actual sale and the other party stated he had a UPS account he wanted me to ship the ORIGINALLY packed alternator to him via 2nd day air, even though I'm fairly certain its 2 day transit anyways from GA to Illinois. I never took the alternator to pack it into something when it was shipped to me in the exact same box with bubblewrap.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea that would be the right thing to do in a situation where the buyer stayed communicating with me and didnt just stop then go on this forum and try to play it like I "fell off the face the earth" and tried to tarnish my name and reputation.

·
Super Moderator
20,842 Posts
Did the buyer stop communicating with you, or the reverse?

Either way, if it gets cleaned up and both parties agree it was a misunderstanding, we can remove this so there’s no issues/harm done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'll just leave this here. Chris if you would have done the right thing I would not have said 2 words. You either did not pack it right or it was broken to start with. I did what I should have done and bought a new one off Amazon.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
374 Posts
Take the insurance claim from your shipper and reimburse the total amount to buyer is the right thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ups only insures packages for 100 dollars larry. and i promise you that they will tell me to go pound sand because of inadequate packaging. i ship thousands of boxes with ups and in 30 years have only ad a handful of claims.

·
Premium Member
15,029 Posts
If the money was sent via paypal, you may have a claim. Unless you gifted it to save the 3%.

Unfortunately, Paypal is also a great way for buyers to scam sellers by "claiming" some fault once they have the goods. So it goes both ways.

My completely unbiased and naive suggestion is for OP to refund the buyer's purchase price in full for shipping a defective part sold with the assumption of "as new" condition (IMHO it doesn't matter how the alternator was damaged, only that it didn't get there in the as-promised condition); and for the buyer to "eat" the significant shipping costs as he elected to request the service. That way, both parties lose and we can all move on. These situations are frustrating as hell and reputations have been sullied - but stepping back it's only a few hundred bucks at most either way and it's probably worth it to write that off on each side.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
12,771 Posts
so thats the end of the text messages and communications?
maybe he didnt get the last text?
maybe he deleted it

a single text and no answer would not be falling off the face of the earth I would have at least tried him another time or two before claiming him to be a scammer

how about a picture of the current alternator and the box?

·
Registered
374 Posts
so thats the end of the text messages and communications?
maybe he didnt get the last text?
maybe he deleted it

a single text and no answer would not be falling off the face of the earth I would have at least tried him another time or two before claiming him to be a scammer

how about a picture of the current alternator and the box?
i was waiting......also as chris so greatly pointed out he was fast responding. after the last text i got nada. ive waited. i didnt want to file a paypal dispute as i know what it does to a sellers rep. next i came here. lastly ill file a claim. i know i get to eat shipping, thats my bad. but when he offered to refund part of my money i said hmmmmmmm.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts