Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ETA: DDP is offering to let me swap this out for a standard version, so I will go that route.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this all I need to make my coupe as fast as your wagon?
Absolutely!

Because I'm using a shitty dynospeed intake due to space limitations, you might even be faster!

·
Registered
278 Posts
How bad was the interference with the aluminum radiator? Stock hood right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I guess my version, boxed in, isn't the "race version".
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle

Reactions: Rubber Duck

·
Premium Member
16,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How bad was the interference with the aluminum radiator? Stock hood right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So first off, DDP has awesome customer service. I got hold of him via PM on Facebook and he's offered to swap it out for me.

For posterity, it's important to know I'm thicker and larger than most.

I have a thicker "radiator" and a thicker "heat exchanger, " so even though I've already manscaped my shroud, the DDP race version won't squeeze in there... my gap is just too tight.

DDP says the race version is about a half-inch larger where it counts, and that's about what I need to remove to get it to work.

I'm not sure how people are tilting their radiators forward but mine hits the power steering cooler and hard mounts in the front - and I don't feel like redoing all of that for an intake.

·
Premium Member
16,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have to say, DDP has been an absolute pleasure to work with and I appreciate his going above and beyond with customer service.

Even if it wasn't the best intake on the market for V2s, I'd buy from him on principle. It's very refreshing to get that kind of service.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
ETA: DDP is offering to let me swap this out for a standard version, so I will go that route.

So you selling it? or sending it back?

·
Premium Member
16,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So you selling it? or sending it back?
I was going to trade one guy for the standard tube (since all other components are identical), but I reached out to DDP just to see and wasn't expecting him to be so helpful several months after the purchase. So, to avoid shipping stuff too and from strangers on Facebook, I decided it's just easier to ship it back to DDP.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Best reply ever.

If I was on the other side of the country we could see if it fits the with the girthy guy setup—alum radiator/larger hx setup + weapon x hood + a relocated power steering hx, but it would be ridiculous to require all of those parts to fit an intake with an alum radiator.

Kidding of course, you don’t need all that stuff to make it work…. just jam it in there harder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts