Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought car from dealer out of state. When it was off loaded and backed into my driveway I noticed the brakes groaned. When I drove it I'd get a little groan leaving the house when I applied the brakes, but never noticed it otherwise. So I just now installed new rotors and pads at a shop and it is still doing the same thing. The old rotors and pads were fine, no problem I wanted drilled and slotted. All four brakes make the groan simultaneously, the instant it comes to a complete stop if you keep you foot on the brake. You can finesse it if you ease up. I've searched the forums and their does not seem to be a definitive answer, answers ranged from more grease to your sister is sleeping with the mailman. The car has after market wheels and it has been lowered but I don't know how the lowering was done. Car rides and handles like a cadillac.

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
How did they know your sister was with the mailman?

Anyway, maybe flush the brake fluid. Probably is old or contaminated. How does the pedal feel?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How did they know your sister was with the mailman?

Anyway, maybe flush the brake fluid. Probably is old or contaminated. How does the pedal feel?
Pedal feels good. The place I bought it from did all new fluids and filters, and I believe them. I’m still looking into my sister and the mailman issue. Thanks for asking.

·
Premium Member
13,751 Posts
yeah both of mine sometimes groans the first stop especially if I kind of roll into it, like you would be backing off a trailer or out your driveway, then it stops
especially after I wash the car or its been sitting a while

·
Registered
461 Posts
You mentioned it groaned the moment you came to a complete stop but you could ease up and finesse it. Are you sure it’s not the suspension as the weight transfers forward at a complete unfinessed stop? These suspensions are known-to-groan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts