Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 V Coupe Auto Sunroof
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I really don’t have the funds right now(plus my wife is tired of me spending the dough on my V) I was wanting to get rid of those ugly OEM hoses on the engine. w anted to put braided hoses, but it appears that you have to get all those fittings as well when you do that. Which is what cost so much. So I was looking for something to wrap them and stumbled across some braided sleeves, but it seems to be for electrical wires and such. So my question is, what other alternatives are there for those fugly rubber hoses? Someday when I upgrade my SC lid I’ll definitely get the good stuff, but for now? But for now I dunno 🤷🏼 Here a pic of the braided sleeve that might look a little better. Thoughts?
Rectangle Slope Automotive tire Font Metal

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I added some color with these braided sleeves. I'll get a picture of the engine compartment this afternoon.
Braided Sleeve

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I added some color with these braided sleeves. I'll get a picture of the engine compartment this afternoon.
Braided Sleeve
That’s exactly what I was looking for. So how do we determine the sizes we need?

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Braided Sleeve
Also, as I read through that Amazon link, it seems people are using that particular sleeve for stereo chords and electrical wire. Is this the exact sleeve you used? And if so, I’d assume it can take the heat from the engine well?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I used Flexo PET made by Techflex in 3/4" that I got from Granger when I did my hardline delete for the Intercooler and catch can hoses. It worked for both 3/8" hose for the catch can and 3/4" Intercooler hose.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
The sleeves have been on over a year. We also used them on a friend’s V.

Sent from a hole in the space-time continuum

·
Registered
927 Posts
If you have a hydraulic hose shop close to you they should have abrasion resistant sleeve by the foot, it works for high heat as well. Probably only comes in black though. Cost effective as eff.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow! All of those are exactly what I was lookin for. I’ll check around for the hydraulic shop too.
I did several searches here but to my surprise I couldn’t find anything on these. Definitely surprising!
Much appreciated guys!

·
Registered
945 Posts
I use spiral covering on stainless lines as they tend to "saw through" anything else.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went with the Blue and black sleeves since it matches my color theme. Very inexpensive mod which is nice for once.
I have to say I was very surprised at how GM had already had a few sleeves(black) on a lot of the hoses already. I just didn’t realize it for whatever reason. Here’s a pic or two of what I did. Still have a few more to do. Plus some trimming to do
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Grille
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Tire
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Tire

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Btw, this hose in the picture here that my middle finger is touching, do I just yank that sucker off? Seems rather tight with no clamp. I don’t wanna screw something up. The other hose I can’t remember where they go or if it has a clamp or not. I believe one goes to the MC area somewhere? Prolly some vacuum hoses I’d assume. Twist and pull?
Hand Hood Automotive tire Bicycle tire Crankset

1 - 14 of 14 Posts