Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2016 V3 that was built by Dedicated Motorsports last year. Top end of the motor was built, SBE, heads, cam, ported blower, chiller tank and more. Car apparently ran mostly on E85 and has about 5k miles on the build. About 500 miles into my trip after I ran the E85 out and filled with 91 (car has the flex fuel sensor and tuned for E85 and 91), I ran into issues. My fuel gauge would drop to zero and if I pulled off the highway, it would then reset back to the correct level. I later got a fuel pump sensor code P2066. Shortly after this code popped up, the car started to misfire and then would not start. It broke down in El Paso where a performance shop out there helped me switch plugs out and were able to get it started to get it on a trailer to get it home. All the plugs were fouled and they think an injector is stuck open dumping fuel and running very rich. It will billow white smoke and smells of straight fuel. I've been waiting to bring it back to the shop that built it to figure out what is going on.

So my question here is, if this car has primarily been ran on E85 and only has a few thousand miles on it over the time it was built, could E85 possibly be causing these issues with the fuel system? Below should be the link of when we got it running and getting it onto the trailer. Anyone else have fuel/injector issues like this and could give me some insight?

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
This is why it's ridiculous when guys say the mods add to value. Who wants to deal with THIS shit?

Reactions: m13s

·
Registered
103 Posts
Oddly I think I saw this car for sale on the facebook CTS-V page....
To answer the OP’s question, E85 is hygroscopic and could have damaged and corroded the injectors if it was left in the fuel system for an extended period of time. It may have damaged the fuel sending unit also if it is not E85 compatible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts