Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, thanks for taking a look.

I have a 2011 CTS-V with 125k miles. At around 110k I did some maintenance stuff. Oil pan was leaking so......
New gasket, new road and main bearings, new valve springs, new engine mounts (creative Steel)
Everything was OEM parts, but the guy who did it may have messed it up. It is now making a scraping sort of noise, tried to isolate by disconnecting all of the belts and starting. Sounds like it is coming from the lower pulley area :(
Since the motor needs to be pulled, what items should I replace/repair/maybe upgrade with the motor out? The only mod now is a mild pulley and a tune. Not super interested in making it faster, its fast enough to put me in jail now. I do want to make this the last rebuild though to hopefully get another 100k miles. The rest of the car is in near perfect shape and I have owned it since 30k so I feel like the rebuild is worth it.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,100 Posts
I'm glad you asked this as I am soon to be pulling mine to do some mods and I have the same question as to what to upgrade in the bottom end. I know you are not talking about upgrades, but I'll follow this to see what the experts offer up.
A question about your post, though: Why have you determined this: "Since the motor needs to be pulled"? I mean it might be a chain tensioner or other accessible item?

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,173 Posts
Hey everybody, thanks for taking a look.

I have a 2011 CTS-V with 125k miles. At around 110k I did some maintenance stuff. Oil pan was leaking so......
New gasket, new road and main bearings, new valve springs, new engine mounts (creative Steel)
Everything was OEM parts, but the guy who did it may have messed it up. It is now making a scraping sort of noise, tried to isolate by disconnecting all of the belts and starting. Sounds like it is coming from the lower pulley area :(
Since the motor needs to be pulled, what items should I replace/repair/maybe upgrade with the motor out? The only mod now is a mild pulley and a tune. Not super interested in making it faster, its fast enough to put me in jail now. I do want to make this the last rebuild though to hopefully get another 100k miles. The rest of the car is in near perfect shape and I have owned it since 30k so I feel like the rebuild is worth it.
If you have the budget get a new block with priority main oiling. If not, ditch the piston oil squirters and replace the pistons and rods with a forged set. keep the stock crank as it's forged already. have them balanced and assembled by a machine shop and let them know your power goals. They will set up the clearances for the higher power so you don't wipe bearings down the road. APR head studs and new LS9 head gaskets. Go ahead and upgrade the rockers by moving to a trunion bushing or at least a captured bearing one. Add a cam that compliments your goals and mods - @Lt1z can help you out with that. Go ahead and get some injectors and then if you have any more money.....

Headers
Ported blower

or

screw those two and go twins.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,100 Posts
ditch the piston oil squirters ....
Wait... is this an old wound? I thought the debate was over and squirters were a now good thing on a boosted engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts