Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just picked up a 2011 V Sedan, m6. stock with airaid and borla catback. I honestly didnt realize the car even had exhaust on it, until i was underneath of it looking at the rear end and noticed it had borla mufflers on it. its so quiet it sounds like stock basically. Im undecided on what direction to go with it...

My last V1 had Xpipe, no resonators, and cutouts with stock mufflers. stock cats. this setup was tame enough that i rarely ever closed cutouts. literally in 5.5yrs and 60k miles, i only closed them maybe 8 times.

My trans am has a built 6.0L, big cam, longtubes, offroad Ypipe, no cats, to a cutout with a chokemaster muffler. This thing is louder than hell with cutouts open...kind of too loud. lol

I dont plan on getting headers any time soon. Should i just get some e-cutouts and put them before the borla mufflers? is there any way to put the cutouts before the cats? ive only had this car for 2wks so far, so im not entire familiar with how the exhaust is routed underneath. Should i sell the borla's and put a stock catback on it with cutouts? open to suggestions!
Thanks
James

·
Registered
234 Posts
Do you have borla atak or borla touring? Big difference. Atak has the smaller mufflers and they sound much louder but not bad. At WOT, it was perfect. I have the catback with the addition of headers now but rode em for a year with just an intake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
It's a lot louder outside the car. Do you want it louder inside?? My borla is plenty loud when standing outside listening to it or hearing it drive by/away.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
So i just picked up a 2011 V Sedan, m6. stock with airaid and borla catback. I honestly didnt realize the car even had exhaust on it, until i was underneath of it looking at the rear end and noticed it had borla mufflers on it. its so quiet it sounds like stock basically. Im undecided on what direction to go with it...

My last V1 had Xpipe, no resonators, and cutouts with stock mufflers. stock cats. this setup was tame enough that i rarely ever closed cutouts. literally in 5.5yrs and 60k miles, i only closed them maybe 8 times.

My trans am has a built 6.0L, big cam, longtubes, offroad Ypipe, no cats, to a cutout with a chokemaster muffler. This thing is louder than hell with cutouts open...kind of too loud. lol

I dont plan on getting headers any time soon. Should i just get some e-cutouts and put them before the borla mufflers? is there any way to put the cutouts before the cats? ive only had this car for 2wks so far, so im not entire familiar with how the exhaust is routed underneath. Should i sell the borla's and put a stock catback on it with cutouts? open to suggestions!
Thanks
James
Pics? I may be interested if you want to sell it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts