Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, an Aussie LSA owner here, I have recently changed my bottom pulley to a 9.1 and added a harrop cai, now the car runs like crap and nearly stalls when cold when its given a bit of throttle, it starts fine when cold and runs fine when hot.
It has been tuned since but not checked when cold due to being so far from my closest tuner.
Previous mods are 2.5 inch top pulley, injectors, headers and full exhaust, lid and blower spacer plates.

It's hard to get info in Australia about this kind of thing.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
the car has a MAF to correct for changes in weather , elevation ETC . Do you have a way of sharing your tune, any CEL?I would stay out of the throttle until i got this resolved , could end up costing you .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the car has a MAF to correct for changes in weather , elevation ETC . Do you have a way of sharing your tune, any CEL?I would stay out of the throttle until i got this resolved , could end up costing you .
Hi, no I don't have any of the tune info, by hot and cold I mean the engine temp, not air temp, I can start it and it starts fine, for the first 5 minutes while the temp gauge is coming up it sounds like it has a miss from just above idle to about 1500 rpm but only if I give it a rev, it idles fine and will smooth out above 1500 rpm, once it's up to temp it runs fine.
To check the tune on a cold start I will need to go down the day before and leave it there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, no I don't have any of the tune info, by hot and cold I mean the engine temp, not air temp, I can start it and it starts fine, for the first 5 minutes while the temp gauge is coming up it sounds like it has a miss from just above idle to about 1500 rpm but only if I give it a rev, it idles fine and will smooth out above 1500 rpm, once it's up to temp it runs fine.
To check the tune on a cold start I will need to go down the day before and leave it there.
I should add when the car is turned off and re started even up to 2 hours later it starts and runs fine, it has to fully cool down to have the issue come back, I also had this issue when I put the lid and blower spacer plates on but it went away after a few drives.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Time to get HP Tuners and work with who tuned it to fix the cold start. No way to diagnose it without logs. Could be start up airflow, fuel, VE, MAF, idle, etc...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Time to get HP Tuners and work with who tuned it to fix the cold start. No way to diagnose it without logs. Could be start up airflow, fuel, VE, MAF, idle, etc...
Hi, does it have to be a hp tuner or will any half decent scan tool identify the issue even if there is no engine coming on?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
You will need HP Tuner to be able to edit your configuration file in the ECM

Reactions: jcs003

·
Registered
25 Posts
yea will have to be a tuners scanner to get the proper usable data and then adjust for it in the tune, could take a few goes as once started u have to wait 12 hours for full cold start fueling and any left over fuel in chamber to evaporate

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea will have to be a tuners scanner to get the proper usable data and then adjust for it in the tune, could take a few goes as once started u have to wait 12 hours for full cold start fueling and any left over fuel in chamber to evaporate
Ok thanks, I have booked in for a cold start check in 2 weeks time, will stay in Melbourne for the night, will hope he can nail it first go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This shouldn't be hard on a stock cam cam.. Dos you intake retain the map or is it an SD tune?
The intake has the map sensor, cam is not stock, it also has injectors and full exhaust done

·
Registered
25 Posts
it does seem a bit odd kinda wondering how it was tuned before, see if u can get a copy of the tune file be good to have a look see if anything looks odd, looking back sounds like cold starts are ok its just when u give it a rev when its still warming up ? if so sounds like a transient lean spike or too low timing something

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it does seem a bit odd kinda wondering how it was tuned before, see if u can get a copy of the tune file be good to have a look see if anything looks odd, looking back sounds like cold starts are ok its just when u give it a rev when its still warming up ? if so sounds like a transient lean spike or too low timing something
Yep, starts cold fine, once running while warming up it will cough or sound like a miss if it's given a rev, if the revs are slowly increased it will be fine, once warm, around 5 plus minutes from cold start it will rev up fine even with a few quick stabs on the throttle, it had the 557 kit and ran fine like this, once I upped the boost this problem appeared, I took it for a tune, which was done hot as I had to drive 200km to Melbourne and all was fine, once cold the next day the problem remained.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts