Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT Silver/Black
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if I'm posting this in the appropriate section. So I apologize if not. But my issue is for the guys that have a BMR Catch Can on their M6 Vs. It's the super annoying clutch fluid reservoir constantly popping off the bracket. I'm just wondering if anyone has come up with a fool proof way to keep it in place, aside from like glue or appoxying it on there. My fear is that one of the times I go to put it back on there is gonna be when the reservoir has completely popped off the plastic hose and my clutch line is totally aired up or empty. I just fought a beefy ziptie onto the top of the mounting "pocket" of the res, just under the lip of the res cap. And strapped it onto the mounting arm. It's ugly. It's twisted at an angle to grab the res and the mounting arm. It's ruining my day and reeking havok on my OCD. And honestly, I don't even have a ton of faith that it's going to stay put. I see the ziptie slipping off the top edge and melting onto some hot engine component and the res flapping in the breeze again. Who knows.. maybe it'll stay. But it's still ugly. So idk if any of the few people that may have this catch can AND an M6 have addressed this issue. I KNOW if you have this combo, then you've experienced this problem. But has anyone resolved it? Let me know... PLEASE... Help a V-Series brother out 馃ズ馃檹

Registered
@random84 had one on his M6 and might have a solution. I have that can an works great for my A6.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It s kind of hard to explain so I'm actually gonna use Random's install post pics for reference. This is not my catch can. But the parts we are talking about are the same. In the top pic it's the little arm that comes off the back left. You can see in the bottom pic how the clutch res sits on it. His engine bay appears to have much more space in it than mine because his shows no strut brace of engine cover. Mine has all that stuff so its alot more crowded. But it's the way the res just pops off that little tang constantly. Words don't really do the situation justice. You'd kinda have to experience it to see how the res seemingly has almost a slight pressure on it maybe from the plastic res hose, maybe from the electrical wiring underneath it pushing up on it. That plus the vibration and bumps of everyday driving. And there really not much space between the res cup and the inside of the mounting "sleeve" to get any hardware in there. So my though was to strap it down on there. Which I did with a ziptie, if you can imagine the contourted way it would wrap to catch it onto the bottom of the tang. I've seen quite a few people complain about this same issue, but nobody has commented on if they've fixed it. For what it's worth I have no complaints otherwise about the catch can. I love the way it looks, functions, and fits in there. That's why I chose this higher priced one. I just want my clutch reservoir to stay put. And I also know that Random got rid of his after a while to put his SM cans back in.
Photograph White Light Product Blue

Premium Member
I had a few issues with it from hitting the wiper motor to the clutch reservoir moving as you note.

My suggestion is to put a big glob of gasket maker on the mounting tab and use it as a bit of "glue" to keep the reservoir in place, or wrap the tab with some tape to increase the thickness slightly.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a few issues with it from hitting the wiper motor to the clutch reservoir moving as you note.

My suggestion is to put a big glob of gasket maker on the mounting tab and use it as a bit of "glue" to keep the reservoir in place, or wrap the tab with some tape to increase the thickness slightly.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
I'm afraid to do anything "permanent" in case at some point I need to move the reservoir to get at something else. Because that would be MY luck. And AS EXPECTED the zip tie failed on day 2 or 3. Luckily I caught it before it fell down in to a melting zone. I may try the tape thing. That's actually how I just recently mounted my Aeroforce in the gauge pod. Somewhere I read suggested using double sided tape. Again, I was afraid of creating a nightmare for myself when I need to remove the gauge to add a wideband in the future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.