Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys when I installed my dsx aux pump i wasn’t aware the clips for the fuel lines were push lock . I was kind rough with them now the blue clip on the above fuel line leaks the one that connects to the dsx T . Would anybody happen to know where I can source it ?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey guys when I installed my dsx aux pump i wasn’t aware the clips for the fuel lines were push lock . I was kind rough with them now the blue clip on the above fuel line leaks the one that connects to the dsx T . Would anybody happen to know where I can source it ?
You have to buy the whole jumper.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Napa sells them, I'd have to look it up by size, or you could just bring it in and match it up. Could actually get the nylon and make a whole new line if you wanted. Just tell them gm fuel quick connect and if you get someone who isn't a moron you'll be all set.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Auto parts store has led me to doorman part number # 800-006 blows the line right off . Napa gave me Napa solutions 730-4905 turned out to be the same part . 3/8 hose connector seems like Oem is slightly bigger at the opening & does not have a little ring like the auto parts do.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's weird, 3/8 quick connect should be the same as everything else. Is it too short of a nipple to seat on the ridge?
That's weird, 3/8 quick connect should be the same as everything else. Is it too short of a nipple to seat on the ridge?
Im not sure but I hook up the blue damaged connector & as soon as the pumps come on it blows the line off . Same with the doorman fittings & based on the Napa fittings being exactly the same I wasn’t in the mood for another fuel spill .

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also the oem blue fitting if sat back to to back the oem one is slightly bigger as it sits in the outer perimeter of the ridge . Parts guy suggested drilling it out which I wasn’t to fond of that suggestion .

·
Registered
125 Posts
I guess I really don't understand what you are trying to do. I gave you a $14 solution that replaces both fittings and the line. What am I missing?

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,223 Posts
This is what I found would potentially work . Is it me or is the locking clip a little different ?

I’m confused as well. Is the part Scott linked, a viable fix?
The link that you posted doesn’t seem to work for me, btw. It just takes me to their homepage.
Did the metal tubing get damaged by your efforts? If they did you may have to change the metal tubing (the whole flex adapter) or affect a repair of the metal tubing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: shadyscott69

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My first choice is to just change the push lock fitting. Second is to replace the hose it’s very tight in there & im looking to avoid dropping the tank as I’m on jack stands . I was mentioning those push lock fittings on that hose seem a little different . But the more I look at the replacement hose they seem to be the same fitting as the replacement .

another thing I’ve noticed on the replacement hose it seems to have a 90 & im quite sure the line on my car is straight . But everything else on the hard line matches . But for 16 bucks I’m up to try it thanks for the part number i will try & source it from Napa or my dealer today .

1 - 20 of 32 Posts