Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

Registered
Yes, mine has the titanium interior with the Recaro seats. I do love this car - but some of its quirks have made me want to rip my hair out. 馃槅

I鈥檝e had mine for a little over 2 years and it had about 40K miles on it when I bought it. That picture is right after I finished a 3 stage paint correction, 2 applications of Griot鈥檚 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax and topped with Bead Maker. The flake in that paint pops like you wouldn鈥檛 believe!

Premium Member
That car is Posing! An exhibit of great detailing skills for sure! I did not really need a fifth car when I bought this. There are TWO Blue ones on Car Gurus right now. One is 40K The other is pretty wrecked.... white interior is destroyed. He is asking 29K. really? I dont really know much about these cars. I can only hope they go further than 136K Which is what mine has. I could not afford 40 K at the time. Like I said, this is my fifth car. So far just stupid stuff . The car seems good so far. Fingers crossed! Stay well!

Registered
I bought this to be my daily driver as I wanted something comfortable as I need to haul kids and customers around regularly and get reimbursed for mileage (that鈥檚 how I justify having something that gets this bad of gas mileage). The Z06 in the background is pretty bad for hauling kids or customers (but gets great gas mileage on the highway). The reviews on the 2nd Gen CTS-V were always good (minus the usual GM quality complaints) and pretty much any LS based motor is pretty bulletproof and parts are easy to source. The biggest headache I鈥檝e had is keeping water on the outside of the car. Sunroof drain headaches and trunk leaks are driving me nuts and I鈥檇 get rid of this car in a second if it didn鈥檛 have this magnificent power train and handling that belies it鈥檚 2 ton girth. There鈥檚 little more entertaining than smoking some kid in a Mustang off the line or walking some clown in a Charger or Challenger who doesn鈥檛 realize what this car can do. I get more looks and questions when i start it up than I do with the Z06 (of course having no mufflers - only resonators has something to do with that).

though my license plate gives them a hint...

Premium Member
She will be asking for the keys soon! Time passes so quick it seems! Very cute child. Don't need to ask what you do in your spare time. What spare time.????
Nice to hear these cars are put together well. Mileage is the pits but POWER!!!
As far as the water leaks, Can you cover the car??? Might help. Mine leaks.... but it is covered as I dont use it every day.
You said this was your daily. The drains were replaced on mine. I dont really know what that means.
Every car made has its quirks, even my 1997 Eldorado trunk leaks, what a Cadillac. Plagued by water problems.
Stay well! Have a nice weekend!

Registered
Unfortunately 1/2 the garage is buried in kids toys (10, 11 and 22 months) and the Z06 gets the other half - so the V stays outside and a cover is pretty impractical unfortunately - I just don鈥檛 have time to wipe it down before putting a cover on it before It rains every time (and you don鈥檛 want to put a cover on dirty paint). The sunroof drain design is terrible in my opinion and they鈥檙e prone to clog. I try to run some weed eater line down each of the drains every time I wash the car and then pour some water through to make sure they鈥檙e draining properly. Unfortunately I learned about this issue the hard way - water standing in the passenger floorboard and water stains on the A-pillar and C-pillar trim - after some hard rains. I truly don鈥檛 think they can handle really hard, steady rain as we got about 4 inches in few of hours a couple of months ago and I had 3 inches of water in the passenger floorboard, the passenger seat was soaked and the passenger presence sensor in the seat was fried when I started the car (that equals the entire bottom cushion and cover - as it鈥檚 one assembly in the Recaros). I鈥檝e owned 3 convertibles (88 Corvette, 91 RX-7 and 03 S2000) and none of them were this prone to leaking - even with bad weatherstrippin. The spare tire well also had enough water in it that I could hear it sloshing around - though there鈥檚 a TSB for it as well as a number of threads recommending sealing some screw holes with silicone (next on my list) - and in the grand scheme of things isn鈥檛 that big of a deal (and could work as a mobile hot tub 馃槣).

Complaints aside, I really do love the car and am reminded every time that boost gauge swings and that supercharger starts whining. The brakes are phenomenal (better feel than the Z06) as is the magnetic ride - if nothing else GM can tune a suspension. I also like not passing another car like it every 5 minutes too. The true car guys know what it is and respect it.

Premium Member
You said a mouthful there DMK. Cant deny this car LOVES the road!!!! I am still amazed the way this thing leaves traffic. What??? On mine..... I have to watch the Rev limiter. It is easy to avoid. You need room to nail these cars. Stupid little things. Any ideas welcome. Did new plugs and wires. Recently.
Sorry to hear about the water problems.... Mine has it as well. Stains in the rear right. This is not my daily ... so it is covered.

Stay well! Stay off the toys! I mean the small ones!

Premium Member
The 2009 "Blue Diamond" V with the White Titanium Interior, Dropped off Car Gurus today. It had 91K on the clock. Asking price was 35000. Just a note Stating how well these cars seem to hold their Value. Sold in about five weeks.That is just another reason I bought a V. Happy Thanksgiving to all! Pray for no snow this year!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts