Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you have any feedback on Blue Diamond Tri Coat? I have found a few for sale but to far away to look at. I am not sure if I like it or not and it is hard to get a good feel from any pics I have seen. Does it have similar metallic to the Black Diamond?

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
I had one, and honestly, I was not fond of the color at first. After a month or two, it grew on me and I really ended up loving it. It looks different in every light. The metallic flake was similar in quantity to Black Diamond, but the blue mutes it. Look at my profile (here) and under a photo album called "Past V's", I have 3 shots of my old Blue diamond.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Black Diamond has flake out da ass.. The other "diamond" colors don't have nearly the same amount, or it's at least not as obvious. More like regular run of the mill fine flake metallic paint..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had one, and honestly, I was not fond of the color at first. After a month or two, it grew on me and I really ended up loving it. It looks different in every light. The metallic flake was similar in quantity to Black Diamond, but the blue mutes it. Look at my profile (here) and under a photo album called "Past V's", I have 3 shots of my old Blue diamond.
I honestly am not sure I like it, but it is so hard to tell. FYI, the hood ornament in pic 2 kinda clashes!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I looked at one before I bought my Radiant Silver sedan. It's a great looking color, but it's not very "flakey".

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
I honestly am not sure I like it, but it is so hard to tell. FYI, the hood ornament in pic 2 kinda clashes!
I actually got that particular car because the person who special ordered it, refused to take delivery of it. He hated the color (as it was not what he thought it would be).
I felt it looked a little feminine at first, but I did learn to love it. It was different in every light, and each surface looked different do to the way the light would hit it.
I don't know about any others, but (in the bright sun) mine had a ton of flake. Under fluorescent light, or on a cloudy day, you did not catch (hardly) any flake to it.
I loved it, but understand if others don't.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
I believe there is one on flebay. Sister has a 3.6 BD and it is a beautiful car. It does date the car.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your input. I think I will pass on the BD for now, unless a great car at a great price comes along.
The few I have been lookin at all have higher miles.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for your input. I think I will pass on the BD for now, unless a great car at a great price comes along.
The few I have been lookin at all have higher miles.
I am actually considering selling mine if you are interested. I am looking at buying some vacation property in Montana so i am looking to sell it to help fund that. I will attach a link to some photos. they color looks killer in person. I bought the car totally stock and blacked out everything and now it looks way better. I have a ton of mods done to it. all bought from Ben at weapon X. Right now the Car sits at 615RWHP but i think it has more in it with a better tune. Let me know if you are interested and if serious i would consider flying a serious buyer up to look at it and deliver it to the US.

https://goo.gl/photos/4uD7ddscVXQ3ut9Y8

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Look
I am actually considering selling mine if you are interested. I am looking at buying some vacation property in Montana so i am looking to sell it to help fund that. I will attach a link to some photos. they color looks killer in person. I bought the car totally stock and blacked out everything and now it looks way better. I have a ton of mods done to it. all bought from Ben at weapon X. Right now the Car sits at 615RWHP but i think it has more in it with a better tune. Let me know if you are interested and if serious i would consider flying a serious buyer up to look at it and deliver it to the US.

https://goo.gl/photos/4uD7ddscVXQ3ut9Y8
Nice car but I picked up a 14 m6 a couple months ago. Good luck with your vacation investment.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
I just picked up a Diamond Blue Tri-Coat 2009 CTS V with White Titanium Interior. One of 80 made in Diamond Blue! 7700.00 Dollars in Options. The color is like a Calypso wheel. With tiny radiant Bits of Metallic. Car changes Color Four times as it gets dark. From Light Blue to heughs of Grays and Greens. I included Pics Different times of day. See how different the color looks?? I searched for this car for three years. One owner car! 136K on the Clock! I am hoping it Behaves itself! Stay well!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
I bought this car because of the color combination. I already have a black car. One black car is enough. I am told there was about 80 made in total of the Blue Diamond Tri-coat. that to me is pretty rare.

Forgot to say happy New Year everyone!!! To you and yours! All the Best for 2021!!! Here is to driving one of the Most extraordinary rides ever offered by an American car Company! Just my opinion of course, but I am impressed after owning one for only four months! Stay well! Wear your stupid mask..... geez! Its tiring!

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Very Nice car! See.... I love the color! As the Sun sets it turns at least three different colors. I guess you have to like blue..... and I do. Only 110 Huh? That is RARE!!! Do you have the Titanium interior also???? Your car is STUNNING!!!
Still getting used to mine. Just bought it. These cars are Stupid Fast. Quite scary ..... should you bite off more than you can chew. Thanks for the info! Drive Slow.... Yeoh right.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts