Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a CTSV with the Metco 2.4 already pressed on. Since the time I test drove it till bringing it home, this whining sound has always been noticeable. Could the bearings on the snout been damaged when they pressed on the new pulley?

Startup with Blower
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Blower Disconnected
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Could be. Have you taken the belt off to make sure it's nothing else?

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Sounds like it.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
And I thought mine was dirty...yea you can eff up some snout bearings or they could just need refreshing, also case bearings on front of rotors. Pull the snout and feel the bearing action

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
if you have a press, its very easy to rebuild a snout. also easy to screw up a bearing if you dont know what your doing. removing the stock pulley is the hardest part and ive seen a few bad mess ups that caused the bearings to go within 1k miles of install.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes, you have to b impart the load on the correct part of the bearing or you damage it. You can use a machine shop for a few bucks if you are unsure of how to do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts