Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a CTSV with the Metco 2.4 already pressed on. Since the time I test drove it till bringing it home, this whining sound has always been noticeable. Could the bearings on the snout been damaged when they pressed on the new pulley?

Startup with Blower
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Blower Disconnected
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Could be. Have you taken the belt off to make sure it's nothing else?

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Sounds like it.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
And I thought mine was dirty...yea you can eff up some snout bearings or they could just need refreshing, also case bearings on front of rotors. Pull the snout and feel the bearing action

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
if you have a press, its very easy to rebuild a snout. also easy to screw up a bearing if you dont know what your doing. removing the stock pulley is the hardest part and ive seen a few bad mess ups that caused the bearings to go within 1k miles of install.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes, you have to b impart the load on the correct part of the bearing or you damage it. You can use a machine shop for a few bucks if you are unsure of how to do it.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Though you never know... Back in 2003, the gearbox on my 2002 Z06 started popping out of gear when I got on the throttle hard. Took it in expecting the answer to be "you need a new transmission" but to my amazement the dealership warrantied the replacement. In spite of the fact that the car had an aftermarket Vortech blower. And to top it off, when I asked if they'd put new clutch parts in, if I provided the parts, given that they'd have the whole driveline apart anyway, they said "sure" and they only charged me labor for the stuff that was specific to swapping the flywheel, clutch and pressure plate. The labor to get the driveline out to do the clutch and put it back in was paid for by the transmission. Of course, that dealership subsequently went out of business. :(

When I wanted to put my new sway bars on the V, I called the dealership where I bought it and asked the service manager and he said "no way, dealerships don't do that". So I called the local Caddy dealership where I'd been getting my service done (the place I bought the car from is 60 miles away) and asked them and the service manager said "sure, bring it down!". Not only that, but the book rate said it was 2.5 hours for front/rear but there are no instructions for doing the bars. The rear is easy. But it took a while to figure out we had to drop the cradle to swap the front. Ended up taking the better part of a day. And they still only charged me for 2.5h. But I tipped the mechanic who'd been doing the work $100). I spoke to the service manager about mod policies, and he said if they didn't cause the failure I was asking to be warranateed he didn't care.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts