Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

121 - 140 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looks great! I've done clear/blacked out headlight mods on a few of my vehicles, I might have to consider doing this to the V...

·
Registered
14 Posts
for those that have done this, looking for a bit of help. I have the headlight in the oven at 215 degrees, and its not doing anything to this factory glue. I cannot get the lens to budge one bit. Its been in there for 20 minutes at this point with no luck. I'm afraid to turn the temp up without any further opinions from others that have succeeded at this.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
for those that have done this, looking for a bit of help. I have the headlight in the oven at 215 degrees, and its not doing anything to this factory glue. I cannot get the lens to budge one bit. Its been in there for 20 minutes at this point with no luck. I'm afraid to turn the temp up without any further opinions from others that have succeeded at this.

Any help is appreciated!
i turned mine up to 230 left it for 15
mins and pulled apart fine..

·
Registered
330 Posts
When doing mine, I would like to throw a brighter LED bulb in the light tube. Does anyone know the make/part number for the brighter LED replacement everyone is using? I have no issues with unsoldering/soldering a new LED in, just need to know what works and what is brighter than stock.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Very informative step by step, nice job. Too involved for me but they look effing great! Came close to pulling a headlight apart on a bike of mine but ultimately chickened out...

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you're in charlotte nc, there's a place that does this for 200 and 350 for demon eyes and Bluetooth controlled halo rings

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Doe's someone sell the lights already blacked out?
Maybe someone will post up with what you're looking for, but everyone I've seen that offers the service only does it with supplied lights and doesn't stock cores. They're expensive as fuck from the dealer and hard to find in salvage yards.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Those of you that have done this and used plasti-dip, have you had any issues with the heat from the hid bulbs and/or any issues with "gassing" residue on the lens?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Great write up may have to do it now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
No issues on mine

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
I don't understand why use plastidip unless you seriously plan on take it all apart again to peel it off... if you want a nice smooth satin paint color use bumper trim paint. It's durable and has a nice satin. Sprays on very smooth and thin not like plastidip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

121 - 140 of 174 Posts