Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 13 is black diamond. Am I the only one who hates it? Car always looks dirty. I am gonna have to wrap this pig I guess.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
My 13 is black diamond. Am I the only one who hates it? Car always looks dirty. I am gonna have to wrap this pig I guess.
Get a color correction and ceramic, and you'll love it. My buddy did that.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,396 Posts
Way back when I was looking for a V, the local dealer had a black diamond. As soon as we walked up to it, my wife was all “Hell no”.

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is the most ass backwards thread Ive seen in a hot minute... I had a choice of three colors at the dealer and swore I would never buy another black vehicle until I saw the black diamond in the sunlight. By far one of the best colors they produced and people go nuts about it in the sunlight. It hides dust much better than a Raven black car as well. Black diamond tricoat FTW! And yea... if your car looks dirty from OP, its because its not color corrected properly and maybe try a ceramic coating on it.... mine looks wet.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,100 Posts
I have long stated I'd never buy another Charcoal/graphite/metallic grey/asphalt-colored car. I previously owned a charcoal metallic 80's GM sedan that was apparently invisible as people would pull out in front of the damned car like it was never there. I'm also not a big fan of black cars, I really wanted OBM or CRT but when I got the chance to grab up this stick shift coupe I wasn't going to let the color shut me down. Then the unexpected happened; After viewing the car is the sunlight after a decent wash, I was amazed that I'm really LIKING BDT! I have a Harley that has paint that isn't black, it's red, but also has a pearl-flake clear coat and a similar property to the BDT; in the shade or a cloudy day, it's just red. But when the sun hits it, ShaZAMM! it lights the hell up! the Black Diamond does that.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
BDT properly taken care of is beautiful. In the sunlight it is amazing!

Reactions: Unavowed

·
Registered
10 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
@shadyscott69 above is my buddy, Tim.

This is a great pic. Like I said, color corrected and ceramic. He's always boasting, the cunt, about how little time he spends.

Reactions: StSomewhere

·
Registered
895 Posts
I have long stated I'd never buy another Charcoal/graphite/metallic grey/asphalt-colored car. I previously owned a charcoal metallic 80's GM sedan that was apparently invisible as people would pull out in front of the damned car like it was never there. I'm also not a big fan of black cars, I really wanted OBM or CRT but when I got the chance to grab up this stick shift coupe I wasn't going to let the color shut me down. Then the unexpected happened; After viewing the car is the sunlight after a decent wash, I was amazed that I'm really LIKING BDT! I have a Harley that has paint that isn't black, it's red, but also has a pearl-flake clear coat and a similar property to the BDT; in the shade or a cloudy day, it's just red. But when the sun hits it, ShaZAMM! it lights the hell up! the Black Diamond does that.
Like a stripper covered in glitter.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts