Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2011 6spd MT V-coupe BDE/ebony-saffron Recaros/ slick roof/ yellow calipers/graphite wheels
I'm curious what the significance (if any) there to the Saffron seats and also the brakes and caliper colors.

I have the window sticker and it appears that the only option on the car is the Black Diamond Edition package.
the BDE pkg specifically includes:

• BD paint,
  • Recaros
  • satin graphite wheels with yellow calipers
  • Midnight Sapele wood trim
The Saffron trim is not mentioned.

I picked up from eBay, a 2011 CTS (all models) sales brochure and it doesn't mention the BDE pkg so I'm guessing it's an 'early' brochure and the BDE was later added?

What I'm wondering is what anyone can tell me about the BDE package; whether it was offered for a limited time, or maybe for years? Was BDE offered on sedans and Wagons? Which cars got the Saffron? Does the lack of sunroof have anything to do with the BDE package or other options? My car is equipped with the yellow calipers and 14.4" rotors. Did ALL Vs have the same size rotors regardless of caliper paint? Was the sapele wood trim available separately from the pkg?
Just trying to get familiar

·
Registered
643 Posts
To answer some of your questions, all V2 had same rotors, 2 piece in the front. Calipers in sliver yellow and red. Saffron interior was not limited to the black diamond, I looked at a thunder grey coupe with saffron interior. My buddy has a black diamond coupe with sunroof and ebony interior. The saple wood interior was an option across all model v’s . Mine has the carbon fiber trim. That takes care of some of the info you wanted. Not sure what years color was available, as my buddies car is also an 11

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
I believe the BDE was a package early on. In subsequent years you could just option it out.

I have a 2012 coupe that has the Black Diamond Tri-coat paint, saffron/ebony interior and the yellow calipers. I also have the sapele wood trim, suede wheel/shifter and the moonroof.

That color could be optioned across all three models.

Pictures of mine attached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
927 Posts
Damn I love me some saffron seats. I don't think I've ever seen saffron RECAROS in a sedan. Seen some saffron base seats though.

·
Registered
643 Posts
They are cool, the blue recaro seats are really cool as well, don’t see them often, last I saw was a phantom grey coupe with the blue interior, was gorgeous combo

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe the BDE was a package early on. In subsequent years you could just option it out.

I have a 2012 coupe that has the Black Diamond Tri-coat paint, saffron/ebony interior and the yellow calipers. I also have the sapele wood trim, suede wheel/shifter and the moonroof.

That color could be optioned across all three models.

Pictures of mine attached.

I’m confused; the pictured car is Black Raven, is it not?

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The brochure that I got has no date stamp but it appears to be introductory in nature.
The Black Diamond color is not offered. There is Black Raven and Black ice, which is not available on coupes.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
I’m confused; the pictured car is Black Raven, is it not?

It is Black Diamond. It’s just the picture.

Unless the light is directly in it it looks like Black Raven.

The last one I snapped when I was getting new tires last year

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is Black Diamond. It’s just the picture.

Unless the light is directly in it it looks like Black Raven.

The last one I snapped when I was getting new tires last year

Gotcha, it's exactly like mine, and in the shaded pics it looks perfectly gloss black

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The brochure that I got has no date stamp but it appears to be introductory in nature.
The Black Diamond color is not offered. There is Black Raven and Black ice, which is not available on coupes.

Not sure why TaT turned all the pics around....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently purchased a 2011 6spd MT V-coupe BDE/ebony-saffron Recaros/ slick roof/ yellow calipers/graphite wheels
I'm curious what the significance (if any) there to the Saffron seats and also the brakes and caliper colors.

I have the window sticker and it appears that the only option on the car is the Black Diamond Edition package.
the BDE pkg specifically includes:

• BD paint,
  • Recaros
  • satin graphite wheels with yellow calipers
  • Midnight Sapele wood trim
The Saffron trim is not mentioned.

I picked up from eBay, a 2011 CTS (all models) sales brochure and it doesn't mention the BDE pkg so I'm guessing it's an 'early' brochure and the BDE was later added?

What I'm wondering is what anyone can tell me about the BDE package; whether it was offered for a limited time, or maybe for years? Was BDE offered on sedans and Wagons? Which cars got the Saffron? Does the lack of sunroof have anything to do with the BDE package or other options? My car is equipped with the yellow calipers and 14.4" rotors. Did ALL Vs have the same size rotors regardless of caliper paint? Was the sapele wood trim available separately from the pkg?
Just trying to get familiar
My '14 Wagon has the BD option. Window sticker says: BD Paint, Yellow Calipers, Recaros and the Sapele Wood Trim.

Ooops! and the Black Graphite Wheels

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
My '14 Wagon has the BD option. Window sticker says: BD Paint, Yellow Calipers, Recaros and the Sapele Wood Trim.

Ooops! and the Black Graphite Wheels
That doesn’t make it the Black Diamond Edition.

In the early model years it was actually an (RPO code) option package that included the paint, yellow calipers and saffron interior.

In later years you could just option all those features, but it wasn’t a “Black Diamond Edition”.

My coupe has the Black Diamond paint, yellow calipers, Sapele Trim and saffron/ebony seats, but it doesn’t have the “Black Diamond Edition” RPO code.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Black Diamond Edition cars are RPO certified. They aren't just another V, and its not just the window sticker that says Black Diamond Edition. If you check your RPO codes on the underside of the spare tire well cover, you'll see RPO code PCH. Thats the code for the Black Diamond Edition.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As you can see on mine, nary an option save for BDE.

Btw I was at the dealer and the parts guy printed out a looooooooooong list of the codes for everything on the car.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
As you can see on mine, nary an option save for BDE.

Btw I was at the dealer and the parts guy printed out a looooooooooong list of the codes for everything on the car.

Yes, yours is a true BDE.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Black Diamond Edition cars are RPO certified. They aren't just another V, and its not just the window sticker that says Black Diamond Edition. If you check your RPO codes on the underside of the spare tire well cover, you'll see RPO code PCH. Thats the code for the Black Diamond Edition.

I am no expert, just going by what the sticker says. Looks just like Mr. Surly's, with "Black Diamond Edition" as an option.
Guess I'll have to check the well cover. Not smart enough to know what RPO certified means?? Help me out here.

·
Registered
927 Posts
RPO stands for regular production option. So it's verified by looking at the code printed in the tire well. The code is up top, PCH I think. So that'll be a part of the code on the sticker.

·
Registered
934 Posts
The black diamond paint started in the middle of the 2011 model year. I have the first bd wagon as being built January 25, 2011, I'm assuming the other bodies probably started the same day but didn't really go in to the detail with those that I did with the wagons. All 2011 black diamond painted cars were black diamond editions and will have the RPO on the spare tire well cover. The actual black diamond edition locked most of the options. I'm not sure on coupes, saffron interior may have been part of the black diamond edition for those. In 2011 the graphite wheels and yellow calipers were exclusively together and were a part of the black diamond edition. In other years wheels and caliper colors were ala carte options.

Press release for the announcement is still on the Cadillac site:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.