Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, as a new guy......this is such a great forum. Tons of helpful people....thx in advance

So i have a 11 coupe and currently have an airaid with b&b catback with stock manifolds and cats.

I love the look of the exhaust but want a louder growl especially at idle.

I am doing injectors, hx, flexfuel, upper, tune next. Then looking to do a cam and headers and high flows/test pipes(unsure).

B&b stated with the addition of headers it will wake up the idle quality?

I hoping to get that mean idle sound but still have performance gains for the future mods of opening up the exhaust. I dont want to just throw qtp cutouts on.

Any suggestions? Proven additions to what i have to accomplish that goal?

Thanks

Neil

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Welcome to the family Neil, you know you on the best forum in the WORLD right.
I also have Billy Boat ex, test pipes to their muffler with cutouts,no headers needed for my setup.
Sounds awesome to me but not the neighbor's in the am. One of the ole G's will point you in the right direction, I'm a newbie also.

vids on my Heavyweight champs.

·
Registered
909 Posts
i deleted the billy boat mufflers and had straight tubes welded in their place. its loud at all times.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
At the beginning had a little odor with t.p., but now no odor at all had t.p. about 8 months now.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
How bad is the smell inside and when you are driving with test pipes?
Ethanol certainly alleviates the toxins of no cats. So take that into consideration.

With flex (always for me) the smell won’t really bother me. 93 can give me a headache.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Call me a weirdo, but I like the smell of burnt corn.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Call me a weirdo, but I like the smell of burnt corn.
Well it smells like a whiskey distillery in my garage every time I park so that's a plus!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts