Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
'14 Coupe
143 Posts
Been happy buying these ones in bulk for a few years now.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I won't use wix, because they make filters for napa. Have had nothing but problems with their fuel filters. Realistically the amount most of us change our oil though, you could put one of those steel canisters with toilet paper in it from the 20s or 30s lol.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Dealer had these Upf63r for around $10, gave me this one free cause I’m a good customer. Been running these the last two OCIs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
Dealer had these Upf63r for around $10, gave me this one free cause I’m a good customer. Been running these the last two OCIs.

You wouldn't happen to have a scale lying around, would you? I'm wondering if the now-discontinued PF63 (non-E) filter is the same as this "gold" filter. Short of cutting them both open, a weight measurement might suffice.

·
Registered
131 Posts
So I got my filters today, in a fleet box, labels on filters say PF63, definitely a PF63E. As soon as I picked up the filter and noticed how light it was, I knew I got scammed.
Don't buy from "smoky mountain" seller.
Pictures from his listing even show the "old" PF63 next to a PF63E, to try to trick people into thinking they're buying legit PF63s. What you get is just a fleet box of PF63Es that have a "label" saying PF63 on them. The part # on the filter itself looks up to a PF63E.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I won't use wix, because they make filters for napa. Have had nothing but problems with their fuel filters. Realistically the amount most of us change our oil though, you could put one of those steel canisters with toilet paper in it from the 20s or 30s lol.
Just because they make filters for napa doesnt mean anything. Brand labeling/Contract Manufacturing can be done with inferior materials and with less stringent quality checks, it all depends on the contract.

I have always used the Wix XP on my cars and never had any issue. All accounts are they are great filters.

Reactions: mememe123

·
Registered
542 Posts
The filters from napa are labeled wix so that's poor marketing on their part, so they lost 1 customer over it. I've had issues with a bunch of their fuel filters.

·
Registered
131 Posts
This guy's a real doozie. He's not "intermediated" about me having to pull eBay in to resolve this. 😂

here's his listing btw. You be the judge. Total scammer IMO.

seller has like 96% feedback which is horrible for an eBay seller. I shoulda known.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Oh shit lol somehow I missed that post. Do you want me to get you a price on a case? Or maybe someone wants to split a case with you or something?

·
Registered
259 Posts
What's the big deal if its got plastic in it? Looks like the plastic one would flow better anyways.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
You can see those a couple posts above that one. It's 100% a PF63E
Those plastic E types are cheap junk. The plastic is known to fail. Just file a not as described dispute, upload those photos & you will receive a no cost shipping label. Sellers like that need to learn.

Reactions: ThunderOne

·
Registered
131 Posts
Those plastic E types are cheap junk. The plastic is known to fail. Just file a not as described dispute, upload those photos & you will receive a no cost shipping label. Sellers like that need to learn.
Oh I did, and the seller started arguing with me about it. So I have to wait for a while before I open a case. I set a reminder in my phone for the day of. Lol

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
You wouldn't happen to have a scale lying around, would you? I'm wondering if the now-discontinued PF63 (non-E) filter is the same as this "gold" filter. Short of cutting them both open, a weight measurement might suffice.
I only had a household scale but looks like 14 to 16 oz weight for the upf63r

101 - 120 of 121 Posts