Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
isn't the A = extended performance? so should go more miles?
They both say extended. BUt I just looked and the A does list more miles on it. Thanks!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Anyone looking to pick up oil - Mobil 1 5w-30 synthetic on sale through Walmart online right now.

Coupon code "EXTRA25" gets you another 25% off too. Got 2 of the 5 quart jugs for $38 delivered. :cool:

·
Registered
341 Posts
I cut open my Amsoil EA017 and the filter media was held in place by black wire mesh that was molded along every single fold in the media. The filter says its good for 25k miles (I change mine every 2k miles) The quality on the amsoil filters seems way above anything else ive seen. I couldnt even get the filter media out. I should have taken a pic but I didnt.

Amsoil also sells the Wix 57045XP for only $6.30 for preferred members which is about half the price of the amsoil filter and also less than half the price of the wix that I've seen anywhere else.

Reactions: MYV

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
Banned
522 Posts
I cut open my Amsoil EA017 and the filter media was held in place by black wire mesh that was molded along every single fold in the media. The filter says its good for 25k miles (I change mine every 2k miles) The quality on the amsoil filters seems way above anything else ive seen. I couldnt even get the filter media out. I should have taken a pic but I didnt.

Amsoil also sells the Wix 57045XP for only $6.30 for preferred members which is about half the price of the amsoil filter and also less than half the price of the wix that I've seen anywhere else.
I dont see the Wix 57045XP on the Amsoil site, only the 57045 which is $6.30

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I get my Wix 57045XP at Oreilly's but I think it was like $10

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hmm. I could have sworn it was on there yesterday, maybe I just clicked 57045. I think the eao17 is better though anyway.

·
Registered
131 Posts
There's a guy on eBay selling PF63 filters. I bought 10 of them. They are cheaper if you buy more. I spent about $6.30 each.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Holy shit 6.30 a piece? If I buy a case of 10 they're under 3 bucks. I get the UPF48s for 7. Did you see how much a case is on rockauto? My supplier is united auto, and they're affiliated with them.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me if they have both, but honestly the UPF48s are a much nicer filter for about what you're paying for a 63, pretty sure they make a upf63 also I'll check.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Upf designates ultra performance, not sure what GM used this on... Maybe a 1500 truck variant? Not sure. Either way I work on a few of my buddies new Tahoe's and this is what I put on the 5.3s. Still run the UPF48s on all my performance LS stuff.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Upf designates ultra performance, not sure what GM used this on... Maybe a 1500 truck variant? Not sure. Either way I work on a few of my buddies new Tahoe's and this is what I put on the 5.3s. Still run the UPF48s on all my performance LS stuff.
I'd be interested to see if this is what replaces the PF63 now that the PF63E has more plastic in it.

81 - 100 of 121 Posts