Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

61 - 80 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
From experience I can say bad things about the cheap shit fram and the ultra. Once helped a friend rebuild a 454SS. He was an idiot and through a Fram on it. Literally one start up we started having issues. Pulled the filter off and the entire guts of it has come apart. Had to pull apart a fresh engine.

The Ultra. A couple of months ago helped my friend drop his 408 LS into his WS6. Used a ACDelco for the break in. Heard "good things" about the Fram Ultra so threw it on because it was discounted with the oil at the time. About 100 more miles on it and a couple of wide open throttle pulls we saw the cars oil pressure being low at idle and incredibly low at WOT. Started getting a lot more noise from the engine so we decided to pull the filter and replace it because I know the older Frams had this issue. Threw on a K&N Gold filter and oil pressure came back and no more noise. Again I will not use a Fram. EVER.

Well that's good enough of an experience to say hell to the naw for me too. I've never used one myself. I am seriously struggling to find one that will ship to me. Where are you guys ordering them from? I can't just run down to "wally-world" they don't have them in the UK. Amazon UK has them for about 40 pound...sooooo nope to that too. Amazon won't ship them to APO.

Just need to find a good place to order and I'll snag it up.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Well that's good enough of an experience to say hell to the naw for me too. I've never used one myself. I am seriously struggling to find one that will ship to me. Where are you guys ordering them from? I can't just run down to "wally-world" they don't have them in the UK. Amazon UK has them for about 40 pound...sooooo nope to that too. Amazon won't ship them to APO.

Royal Purple, k&n, Mobil 1... All essentially the same internally. I can find the link to the tests. Hopefully that makes your search easier. I hesitantly ran an AC Delco this last time but prefer Mobil 1.

·
Registered
390 Posts

Pretty sure Autozone ships to APO for free.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yeah man you called it...Been overseas so long I forgot all about autozone. 14.99 a pop but it's all good since the shipping is free. Thanks again for the help.
Lol no worries. When I was deployed I actually had to order some parts from Autozone for our NTV because the motorpool were a bunch of dick bags.

Reactions: Residentevol

·
Premium Member
15,645 Posts
I get the M-212 on Amazon.com, but have no idea how they handle shipping

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,118 Posts
I get the M-212 on Amazon.com, but have no idea how they handle shipping

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
free shipping over $49 but they are only like a buck more at the auto parts store anyhow

·
Registered
390 Posts
So I'll be done with my build and for a (break in) filter, witch is best. And witch mobile 1 filter is the taller and best to run
Did you even read the thread? The very first post tells you the Mobil 1 part number man. Do better.

Reactions: iceman302

·
Registered
632 Posts
Did you even read the thread? The very first post tells you the Mobil 1 part number man. Do better.
It's not like it was listed in bold or anything.

·
Premium Member
15,645 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,600 Posts
Leave Stevie Wonder alone - it's hard reading the very first post. Geesh.
You do know that you are going to 'Burn In Hell' some day :eek:

Reactions: random84

·
Premium Member
4,600 Posts
Picky, Picky, Picky. . . Turn your 'Sensitivity Knob' down and 'Chill' :D

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I want to see the witch mobilize one filter

·
Registered
390 Posts
Reactions: Florida-Vee

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Anybody knows the the part number for the long wix filter?
Wix website don't offer the pn#.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Anybody knows the the part number for the long wix filter?
Wix website don't offer the pn#.

57045XP

Reactions: subaru335i and MYV

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Thank you.

·
Registered
341 Posts
EAO17 is the current AMSOil filer equivalent of the longer filter.
Ive been using this one with no issues. Seems to work great and holds alot of oil.

Reactions: MYV

·
Registered
96 Posts
So what's the diff between the M1-212 and the M1-212A ??

61 - 80 of 121 Posts