Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’ve always been a fan of the V (especially the wagons). I have a ‘16 SS sedan 6M, whippled, e85 etc. putting down over 700 to the tires. I’m thinking about getting into a V3 or V2 wagon. I love my SS but I’m not sure what to do when it’s time to smog, so I’m looking for some options on my next car.
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Grille

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I have some advice that might save you $50k. lol.

We have all 3 of the cars you're talking about, a '12 V wagon, '17 SS M6 and a '19 V3. The wagon is my wife's daily, the SS is mine, the V3 is one of our son's cars. If you asked the 3 of us which car would make the most sense to KEEP it would be the SS. Basically the wagon is kinda "old" now and the V3 at ~$100k is just too much money to have in a car. The SS is still worth what I paid for it and it's got a lot of modern options in it, like cooled seats that the V3 doesn't even have.

Between those 3 cars, (since my SS only has a cam/E85/intake/exhaust) the V3 is what you'd get if you combined the SS and the wagon. It's basically the best of both cars. Things like road noise are loud in the wagon, quiet in the SS, silent in the V3. You already have more than the power of the V3, you wouldn't be gaining there. The wagon would be a step back in many respects. And between those 3 cars, the SS gets about 100 times the attention when it's on the road. It gives me a glimpse of what it must be like to be a celebrity. lol. Every damn time I go somewhere somebody is coming up and asking me about the car.

FWIW, my son has only had his V3 for 6 months or so. He's not sure he wants to keep it simply because it's a lot of money to have tied up in a car. For half the money, the SS checks a lot of boxes. Hope that helps!

(edit- I made a big deal about the money on the V3. I look at it this way, I could sell my SS and buy my son's V3, that would be $50k out of my pocket. For that $50k, I'd rather have my '19 Yamaha MT09, '17 Yamaha GP1800, '18 YZ450, '06 YZ250 and STILL have $10k to blow on other toys!)

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Car Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

We have all 3 of the cars you're talking about, a '12 V wagon, '17 SS M6 and a '19 V3. The wagon is my wife's daily, the SS is mine, the V3 is one of our son's cars. If you asked the 3 of us which car would make the most sense to KEEP it would be the SS. Basically the wagon is kinda "old" now and the V3 at ~$100k is just too much money to have in a car. The SS is still worth what I paid for it and it's got a lot of modern options in it, like cooled seats that the V3 doesn't even have.

Between those 3 cars, (since my SS only has a cam/E85/intake/exhaust) the V3 is what you'd get if you combined the SS and the wagon. It's basically the best of both cars. Things like road noise are loud in the wagon, quiet in the SS, silent in the V3. You already have more than the power of the V3, you wouldn't be gaining there. The wagon would be a step back in many respects. And between those 3 cars, the SS gets about 100 times the attention when it's on the road. It gives me a glimpse of what it must be like to be a celebrity. lol. Every damn time I go somewhere somebody is coming up and asking me about the car.

FWIW, my son has only had his V3 for 6 months or so. He's not sure he wants to keep it simply because it's a lot of money to have tied up in a car. For half the money, the SS checks a lot of boxes. Hope that helps!

(edit- I made a big deal about the money on the V3. I look at it this way, I could sell my SS and buy my son's V3, that would be $50k out of my pocket. For that $50k, I'd rather have my '19 Yamaha MT09, '17 Yamaha GP1800, '18 YZ450, '06 YZ250 and STILL have $10k to blow on other toys!)

View attachment 155264
View attachment 155263
View attachment 155262
Im just a little jealous. What are you going to do when smog comes up for the SS?

More than the power of a V3? In what, the bolt on cammed SS?
More power than the V3 in my whippled SS.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have a ProCharged '15 SS 590WHP and a '12 Vagon. Bought the wagon about 8 months ago; sold my '13 V Coupe because of too many cars. Someone would have to make me a Hell of an offer for me to let go of either of them. I'll second the motion that it's time to leave California. If you stay, it'll probably be a lot easier to get a V smogged than your SS.

·
Registered
2011 Black Wagon
412 Posts

View attachment 155264
View attachment 155263
View attachment 155262
Aren’t you the guy that was educating us all on another post about not getting around CA smog laws? How do you do it with a bolt on SS? Maybe lend some advice to the OP on how you do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
22,258 Posts
It’s fine that you want to brag constantly about your state, but I am tired of people who don’t live in Cali shitting on it.

We have plenty of options problems, to be sure, but we still lead the entire nation in innovation, have the biggest economy of any state (by far), bigger economy than all but 5 countries in the world, feed more people than any other state, and it’s also disrespectful as fuck to shit on other peoples’ home.

So there you have it.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Constantly? I make a few statements here and there about Texas, but also take a jab at it every once in a while as well. There is absolute nothing perfect about Texas, that’s for sure.

And making a light crack about not wanting someone to move here is far from shitting on other peoples homes.

·
Administrator
22,258 Posts
There are a lot of posts from people on this forum shitting in california, whether (ironic homonym) it’s politics, taxes, guns, smog laws, etc. I have refrained for years from talking about others’ states, because it’s rude, and it’s their home.

Just saying.

·
Premium Member
4,245 Posts
I get a pass cuz I'm a foreigner and my views differ.

Not too many negative comments on the Great White North in a while.

Sorry for the rant(?). Sorry.

Reactions: Karch

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Guess the droves of Cali peeps coming here are willing to take a risk and see.

Maybe they’re all coming here to find a 10mm and high capacity magazines. ;)

But you’re right, it’s horrible here, don’t come. Hot as f**k.
Now that you mentioned Texas, thats a great idea. Maybe I can move there and start a petition to ban straws, and high capacity magazines. You can’t possibly need any more than a single shot rifle. You Texans just aren’t “woke” enough like us Californians.

There are a lot of posts from people on this forum shitting in california, whether (ironic homonym) it’s politics, taxes, guns, smog laws, etc. I have refrained for years from talking about others’ states, because it’s rude, and it’s their home.

Just saying.

It doesn’t bother me at all, because it’s true.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts