Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if I'm asking this in the correct place so please move to the correct forum if not.

I'm going to be getting and putting on a Catch Can.

I've seen where BMR has theirs (looks pretty good there) but looking for other places where y'all have mounted the other manufacturer's products.

Thanks,

R

Premium Member
Which one are you planning to get ?

If you get moroso , Mighty Mouse , Weapon X it'll take out the guess work as the mount in a specific place area .

Premium Member
I put my dual saiku michi in where the Airaid resides.

Registered
With the 4.5" intake mines mounted right behind it up front where the stock air box goes.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Which one are you planning to get ?

If you get moroso , Mighty Mouse , Weapon X it'll take out the guess work as the mount in a specific place area .
That's just it, I'm not sure. I know exactly where BMR made theirs for.

Seems all the others are just wherever you can get it to fit, as Blown376 did.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7

Registered
The previous owner mounted a Moroso up by the right side firewall ...

Yep that's the location for the Moroso can. It comes with that bracket. I had to move mine when I put in my tank and not to mentinon it's a pain in the ass to get the bottom off in that spot.

Registered
Yep that's the location for the Moroso can. It comes with that bracket. I had to move mine when I put in my tank and not to mention it's a pain in the ass to get the bottom off in that spot.
Yeah that's the only thing I don't like about where it's located. Seems like it's a bitch at first to get unscrewed but then all of a sudden it comes off easy the rest of the way. I think it might be easier to just undo the bracket which I did once & then unscrew the bottom, gives you more space to work with when done like that ...

Registered
My moroso is mounted off the strut brace base, left side, the installer bent the mounting bracket and made it fit there, great spot imo, easy to empty. Ill try to get a picture later.

Registered
My moroso is mounted off the strut brace base, left side, the installer bent the mounting bracket and made it fit there, great spot imo, easy to empty. Ill try to get a picture later.
I mounted mine on the plastic cover on that side. Makes it easy to empty. Pull the hoses off and it comes right out to empty.

Registered
I mounted mine on the plastic cover on that side. Makes it easy to empty. Pull the hoses off and it comes right out to empty.
I just unscrew mine, no need to remove hoses. This location does make the drain valve on the heat expansion tank a bit harder to reach, but its not too bad and I can still do it with the can on. Installer also painted the bracket black so it looks a bit nicer. I drain mine every 3 weeks or so, more often than necessary but its easy to do when the engine is cold.

Registered
I mounted a Mike Norris Motorsports catch can behind the blower. It's out of the way of everything, but it takes a bit of hose to get back to it. The plus of the ones that mount behind the motor is you can add the 0FX2GV drain to it and conveniently drain the can when you change the oil.

Premium Member
I mounted a Mike Norris Motorsports catch can behind the blower. It's out of the way of everything, but it takes a bit of hose to get back to it. The plus of the ones that mount behind the motor is you can add the 0FX2GV drain to it and conveniently drain the can when you change the oil.

how is that mounted behind the blower? did you mount it to the firewall?

Registered
I just unscrew mine, no need to remove hoses. This location does make the drain valve on the heat expansion tank a bit harder to reach, but its not too bad and I can still do it with the can on. Installer also painted the bracket black so it looks a bit nicer. I drain mine every 3 weeks or so, more often than necessary but its easy to do when the engine is cold.

The only thing I don't like about the Moroso Can being mounted there is there's already enough crap in the way when you have change the plugs or work on anything on that side of the engine. I re-routed the lines to my Moroso Can yesterday so they go under the bracket just left & down a bit from the oil dip stick so their out of they way even more.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
The only thing I don't like about the Moroso Can being mounted there is there's already enough crap in the way when you have change the plugs or work on anything on that side of the engine. I re-routed the lines to my Moroso Can yesterday so they go under the bracket just left & down a bit from the oil dip stick so their out of they way even more.
I really like how the BMR fits perfectly behind the tower mount and hoses are right next to the chiller hoses.

https://www.ctsvowners.com/forum/attachments/128482d1533489964-show-off-your-bmr-products-installed-bmr-cc-after-install-close-.jpg

Registered
If you're leaning towards the BMR then I say go for it. I came really close to buying one but opted for the Mighty Mouse instead. The MM mounts in the back of the engine and is completely out of the way but you have to be careful when you mount it doesn't so get hit by the wiper blade motor mounted on the firewall. It has a drain hose that runs to the bottom of the car so you can drain it at the same time you do an oil change.

The BMR is a also a quality unit with it's own mounting location and is completely out of the way of everything. Random84 did a really good review on the BMR along with installation instructions:
https://www.ctsvowners.com/forum/4-engine-supercharger/33717-bmr-oil-separator-catch-can-review.html

In my opinion you can't go wrong with either one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts