Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i am in the market for a gauge like the aeroforce that can display a couple critical pids, mainly only concerned with fuel pressure and oil pressure. I want something with an excellent alert feature that when i hit the set limit i know immediately to let off. When i am at the track i obviously data log with hptuners but its impossible to be watching the screen and the road at the same time. i cant seem to find an audible alert feature inside hptuners which is a big let down.
So my question is, what do you guys recommend? are the LED alert lights on the aeroforce enough to grab your attention while it is mounted where the clock is? i know the dashlogic makes a sound through the car speakers, is it any good? the hptuners N gauge is pretty bulky, but maybe a last option.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
aeroforce has two red shift lights you can set to come on with any parameter at your desired level. sounds like what your looking for.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
but its impossible to be watching the screen and the road at the same time
Not, true. In fact, a friend of mine in California has been busted twice for doing WebEx on-line meetings with his iPad stuck to his steering wheel with Velcro.

"Why do you have an iPad stuck to your steering wheel, sir?"
"Because if I kept in my lap I couldn't look at the road and the iPad at the same time, it wouldn't be safe."
"Here's your citation, sir. Please remove the iPad from your steering wheel."

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Not, true. In fact, a friend of mine in California has been busted twice for doing WebEx on-line meetings with his iPad stuck to his steering wheel with Velcro.

"Why do you have an iPad stuck to your steering wheel, sir?"
"Because if I kept in my lap I couldn't look at the road and the iPad at the same time, it wouldn't be safe."
"Here's your citation, sir. Please remove the iPad from your steering wheel."
thats why they made HUD

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
They answer you seek is AIM products.

I use the MXG (overkill) for what you need.
Look into this:
Maybe a little large for what your looking for but you will be the envy of your friends with all the lights!

You can configure multiple inputs.

I have used these products for 5+ years and they are the best in the business and have NEVER failed in ANY of the racing I have done, sprint, track day or endurance.

You mentioned track so this is a win as there are other features as well.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
12,473 Posts
my theory on gauges have always been if you have your foot that far into the go pedal your eyes should be straight ahead no matter what
chances are damage will have already occurred if the gauge was right in front of your eyeballs or down lower where you cant stare at it constantly

·
Vendor
2,002 Posts
Aeroforce and Dashlogic - I've used both and while they do have alarms that can be set for multiple parameters, I'm doubtful that if it's something catastrophic you'll be able to get out of it prior to the damage occurring.

We offer both if we can help

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They answer you seek is AIM products.

I use the MXG (overkill) for what you need.
Look into this:
Maybe a little large for what your looking for but you will be the envy of your friends with all the lights!

You can configure multiple inputs.

I have used these products for 5+ years and they are the best in the business and have NEVER failed in ANY of the racing I have done, sprint, track day or endurance.

You mentioned track so this is a win as there are other features as well.

Good luck.
really cool product but definitely on the bulky side and a price tag I cant stomach lol

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my theory on gauges have always been if you have your foot that far into the go pedal your eyes should be straight ahead no matter what
chances are damage will have already occurred if the gauge was right in front of your eyeballs or down lower where you cant stare at it constantly
I agree, that's why I would like something with an audible tone or a light that can grab my attention

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aeroforce and Dashlogic - I've used both and while they do have alarms that can be set for multiple parameters, I'm doubtful that if it's something catastrophic you'll be able to get out of it prior to the damage occurring.

We offer both if we can help
hopefully I can catch it before it becomes catastrophic lol. If oil pressure drops below 50 psi at WOT, I would like to let off before it gets any lower. If fuel pressure drops below 65-70psi, I know I will start maxing out my injectors and start going lean, so I would let out immediately before I cause any damage.
This all stems from an issue I am having with my fuel pressure randomly dropping for a split second, while this is definitely not a fix and I will be digging more into the issue sometime in the next couple months, it did start to make me think of having extra safety features to help prevent major problems.
With your experience with the aeroforce gauge, were the warning lights able to grab your attention during the day time?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ended up buying an aeroforce off of a member on here. spoke with aeroforce and they told me that i can purchase their relay kit and hook an alarm to it so i think that kind of solves that problem. i bought a splitter cable on amazon too, wonder if ill be able to run the aeroforce and log with hptuners at the same time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ended up buying an aeroforce off of a member on here. spoke with aeroforce and they told me that i can purchase their relay kit and hook an alarm to it so i think that kind of solves that problem. i bought a splitter cable on amazon too, wonder if ill be able to run the aeroforce and log with hptuners at the same time.
Cool, post a pic once you get it installed.

·
Registered
74 Posts

Should have bought the Dashlogic. It uses the vehicle's chime, changes its tone to more of a "boop" sound and sounds that off whenever you exceed the limits you have set on a particular parameter. It works great. I use it to alert me if I have exceeded 3 degrees of knock.

Bill

1 - 13 of 13 Posts