Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a preowned V3 that is a virgin having had no apparent mods. This is my 4th V series caddy btw and 1st V3. I am looking to do a CAI and exhaust, and wondering if there were any gains to be had with both. I did a search and could not get a clear understanding of what worked and what did not work regarding the 2. I do frequent the track maybe 4 times year, if that with my corvette buddies for 1/4 mile events. So I would like the V to be well represented when we do go out. Please chime in with your respective experiences...ie track and/or dyno results...etc. I have liked at the airaid, rotofab and afe cais and the borla catback exhaust. Note, I do not plan to have this one tuned. Thanks in advance for your feedback!!!
(y)

·
Registered
350 Posts
minimal gains with either if not porting S/C or heads, etc. These cars flow pretty good stock. Get the CAI for the whine and the exhaust for the bark. Airaid and SW are cheapest but equal quality, IMO, to products costing 2x as much.

V-erocious did his own study b/w CAI’s. RotoFab & K&N were the best, Airaid was 10hp less. He wasn’t able to test factory...

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
minimal gains with either if not porting S/C or heads, etc. These cars flow pretty good stock. Get the CAI for the whine and the exhaust for the bark. Airaid and SW are cheapest but equal quality, IMO, to products costing 2x as much.

V-erocious did his own study b/w CAI’s. RotoFab & K&N were the best, Airaid was 10hp less. He wasn’t able to test factory...
Thanks for the fb! I did see the write up from V-E and wondered if the other 2 CAIs made more power on dyno bc 1) they have open lids and 2) I could not discern what airaid kit that was used, that being the oil filter vs. the dry. I track tested the airaid on my previous V2s and picked 2/10s in the 1/4 mile with the dry kit. The oiled kit makes more hp/tq. I may track test the V3 by swopping out the units at the track if no one here has do so.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for the fb! I did see the write up from V-E and wondered if the other 2 CAIs made more power on dyno bc 1) they have open lids and 2) I could not discern what airaid kit that was used, that being the oil filter vs. the dry. I track tested the airaid on my previous V2s and picked 2/10s in the 1/4 mile with the dry kit. The oiled kit makes more hp/tq. I may track test the V3 by swopping out the units at the track if no one here has do so.
I'd be interested in the results of this.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
For the couple passes at the track, most guys I've seen actually just remove their filter for the extra hundredth.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts