Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 sedan and am replacing all pads and rotors and am seeking advice. The car will never see the track but I live in the foothills of Tennessee so it may see the tail of the dragon once and awhile. I do not like the dust from the original pads. I just ran across an ad from mont motorsports for $599 for all four corners with some options. any advice would be appreciated

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I like my R1 Concepts with EBC Red Stuff.

Reactions: SoCalDave

·
Registered
2,991 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
I just got R1 Concepts drilled and slotted for all four corners, plus their ceramic pads for $430 delivered. They have 25% off sales often, so keep an eye out.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
@RCJ

I did just slots

·
Registered
81 Posts
I run these on my 2011 V Coupe, bought on Amazon Power Stop Z26-1053 Extreme Performance New Formulation Brake Pad, and Power Stop Z26-1405 Z26 Extreme Performance Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pad. I admit they do not have the same grabbing power as the OEM but brake well and there is literally no brake dust. I could not believe there could be that much of a difference, there is barely any brake dust, a regular car wash leaves the rims clean. I don't run at the track so will sacrifice a bit of grabbing to keep rims clean with no scrubbing.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,128 Posts
Rock Auto has repeatedly offered the OEM Brembo rotors at far better prices than anywhere else. The prce varies, but look them up. This is a snip from one of my first posts here:
>>My first task will be brakes.
researching here and elsewhere I found the old Rock Auto - Brembo thread. I did the research and found that RA currently has the front two-piece 09A66513/09A66523 Brembo rotors for $169 each and the rear Brembo rotors 09A50811(one-piece) for $75.79 each. I ordered all four for $490.36
Currently, the Brembo store would cost $791.80.
a savings of $301.44
Because I'm a newbie, I can't post the screenshots of the pages, but they're easy to find.

I ordered EBC RED pads from Amazon for $152.86 & $83.83
<<<
These were the correct Brembo two-piece fronts and one-piece rears, all 14.4"

Reactions: Omgctsv
1 - 11 of 11 Posts