Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm starting to dial in my new setup. Over the last week I've added the Gptuning 2.5 cam, heads, and an 8.66 lower to compliment my 2.38 Griptec upper.

I went for a WOT pull from a roll after downshifting into 2nd where boost was around 15.5 lbs, and then went to mid 17 lbs of boost after the shift into 3rd and then it steadily decreased into the upper rpms. The MAF is steadily climbing which is confusing.

Tomorrow I'll be blasting the belt, pullies and balancer with brake cleaner to make sure there's no grease on it that may cause slipping but is this normal behavior?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
12,966 Posts
Hey guys, I'm starting to dial in my new setup. Over the last week I've added the Gptuning 2.5 cam, heads, and an 8.66 lower to compliment my 2.38 Griptec upper.

I went for a WOT pull from a roll after downshifting into 2nd where boost was around 15.5 lbs, and then went to mid 17 lbs of boost after the shift into 3rd and then it steadily decreased into the upper rpms. The MAF is steadily climbing which is confusing.

Tomorrow I'll be blasting the belt, pullies and balancer with brake cleaner to make sure there's no grease on it that may cause slipping but is this normal behavior?

2.38 is pretty small. An upper 100mm idler may help.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2.38 is pretty small. An upper 100mm idler may help.
It's a Griptec pulley and I didn't have any slip issues previously and I was at a similar boost level. The blower is spinning faster now with the 8.66 though, however I don't see any evidence like belt dust

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I had my 2.38 Lingenfelter actually re-rout itself within a couple weeks of installation. I drove slow (no boost) back to the performance shop and I think they said the belt tensioner was probably not tight enough. Even with a light dusting of the engine bay there was no obvious wear in the green belt.

However, ever since then I keep an extra green belt in the trunk. I've put on about 10,000KM since then and haven't had any issues. I know this seems simple but just sharing my experience.

Good to [email protected]

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had my 2.38 Lingenfelter actually re-rout itself within a couple weeks of installation. I drove slow (no boost) back to the performance shop and I think they said the belt tensioner was probably not tight enough. Even with a light dusting of the engine bay there was no obvious wear in the green belt.

However, ever since then I keep an extra green belt in the trunk. I've put on about 10,000KM since then and haven't had any issues. I know this seems simple but just sharing my experience.

Was your remedy to change belt, or you just dealt with it?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Without a relocation bracket that takes full advantage of the space allowed to move the idler, a 100mm alone only affords a tiny amount more belt contact. I had a solid model of this but lost a ton of stuff with a computer crash...tough lesson to learn.

I assume its a brand new belt? Where is the tensioner sitting in the range?

How dramatic was that steady decrease? Log pic?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a screenshot, but I can't see a way to upload it. I don't have a site to host the picture on

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Was your remedy to change belt, or you just dealt with it?

I don't think there was enough tension. The belt was not damaged at all. Caught it just in time.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think i'm going to waste anymore time on it. I tried to clean it with brake cleens and it didn't help. I didn't think it would, but it was worth a shot.
I think i'm going to do a relocation bracket and an idler

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I just came across your thread where you posted about the belt re-routing. I would imagine the guys at Champion may have made a simple mistake of not putting the belt on correctly. I don't believe the issue is the same but I'm still monitoring it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I couldn't figure out how to post pictures using my laptop, but using Tapatalk, I'm able to upload the pic.

The car isn't tuned quite yet, but here you can see that after the shift, boost rises

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
You have to go to advanced reply and add pics as attachments. Tapatalk is easier and they come in full screen rather than attachments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
That small log window doesn't really show us the area of interest. Can you give us a bigger time window where it shows the boost decreasing after the shift?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That small log window doesn't really show us the area of interest. Can you give us a bigger time window where it shows the boost decreasing after the shift?
It's the opposite. The boost climbs after the shift

1 - 15 of 15 Posts