Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. New owner of a 2012 cts-v sedan and wanting to lowering my car on coilovers. Looking to get some honest reviews and opinions on your experience with BC coilovers and KW coilovers. If you've tried both even better. I've done a lot of searching and some people say the ride is harsh and others say the ride is just as good as stock on full soft. Being lowered I'm not expecting the car to ride as good as stock and I know ride quality will suffer a bit. What is your take? Also I know there is a huge price difference between BC and KW. I won't be tracking the car (besides drag racing) so are the KW's really worth it? I don't want to buy something that is not of quality and some people say BC is decent and others say not so much. Also, if the coilovers are set at full height will the car sit at stock ride height or will it still be lowered even adjusted all the way up? I do plan to drag race a little so I like the adjustability of coilovers and I'd want to put slicks on the back. I know Tony said KW's can be adjusted to 90/10 for drag racing but what about BC's? Anyone have any experience with drag racing on either of these setups?
Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
14,891 Posts
Dont buy Chinese shit and expect it to be great.

Plenty of people have run BC and felt them fine. I'm not one of them - I run KWs and I've been impressed with them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Low cost Chinese or proven German KW's. Hmm. With such a major upgrade why would you even consider low cost junk? You get what you pay for. Fast cheap or good, pick two.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
BC's here for the last 30k+ miles on a daily driver. Zero complaints.

·
Premium Member
14,891 Posts
I'll bet the dyno straps were made in fucking China... right next to the Wuhanflu Factory!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have BC coilovers and can confirm multiple dyno pulls with no issues/accidents.

In all seriousness, I have yet to get any track testing. I consistently pulled 1.5x 60's on stock suspension. I didn't buy these expecting performance results so much as just trying to tread water while being able to slam my shit for the gram when I'm on my stock wheels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts