Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '09 is starting to slow down when cranking?
If
battery goes dead, do I lose my tune?
The battery has never been replaced.
When the dealer or wherever replaces the battery,
do they have to re-do the tune?

·
Autism Speaks. Listen
1,270 Posts
just go to your local batteries plus and pick up Duracell AGM Platinum model SLI48AGM. print the 10% coupon online before you go and they can change it for you for a small fee, but its very simple to do.

·
Premium Member
17,957 Posts
Also make sure you check all the contact areas and ensure they are free from corrosion and build-up. You can use one of those fancy cleaners on the terminals and contact points, but if you are careful, you can use some good old fashioned toilet bowl cleaner - the acidic type that breaks down hard water build up. Just be careful not to get it on anything else and ensure that all residue is rinsed off well and dry before reconnecting. My wife's battery came with some corrosion preventer that you brush on the terminals after connecting everything up - it hardens up and forms a protective barrier that prevents future gunk from building up.

Your tune is safe - can't say the same for your favorite radio station settings and seat memory - never changed my battery so can't say what all you will lose. You might also need unlock codes for the radio and maybe other things - that's pretty common and the dealer can help you with everything, usually over the phone. Or just post online here of course!

Let us know how it turned out...

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks, everybody.
My main concern was the tune.
I will check with the dealer tomorrow.
I cannot afford to lose the Hennessey tune.

·
Premium Member
17,957 Posts
Many thanks, everybody.
My main concern was the tune.
I will check with the dealer tomorrow.
I cannot afford to lose the Hennessey tune.
Is it one that they won't support or re-load for you? Sounds like you have a tune that you think you have no way of getting back on the car. Just remember - the stock tune is also a tune just like any other. You don't have to re-load the stock tune when you change the battery, right? Anything that would ruin your stock tune is something you should worry about with whatever other tune you have loaded up...

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hennessey V700 package, special tune, car lays down 658 RWHP,
& no, I don't want to go back to the factory tune.

·
Administrator
21,975 Posts
Gary, how much did they hurt you for, if you don't mind me asking?

I was looking at Sears at their Diehards, just for comparison.

My car just hit 49 months, so I know its' coming.

·
Registered
120 Posts
stations are still stored, but my alarm went off and scared the shit out of me when i hooked the new battery up lol
Yep, changed out my battery yesterday. Same alarm went off when reattaching cables. Bought new Delco from dealer and installed myself. Total of $140. The battery out of the car had 660 CCA's and the new one had 750 CCA's. If you can get four years out of a battery you are doing good. I changed mine as preventative maintenance as it was working OK. Do not want to be stranded somewhere other than my garage. It can only help and not hurt to change out early before a problem occurs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
just go to your local batteries plus and pick up Duracell AGM Platinum model SLI48AGM. print the 10% coupon online before you go and they can change it for you for a small fee, but its very simple to do.
Is this also the correct battery for a 2014 CTSV? I called Batteries Plus & they said their specs called for a SLI94R AGM to fit my 2014. Any Thoughts?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts