Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed out my battery today and notice this green hose but not sure where it goes can some one advise me?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like the vent tube. Should be an opening for it on the battery. My tube was black in color though.
Okay I think I found it.
Thank you for the quick response.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Isn't that the drain tube for the roof "gutters" But it looks like you got it back in the correct place.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Isn't that the drain tube for the roof "gutters" But it looks like you got it back in the correct place.
Roof drain tube. I learn something new about my car today thank you..

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Roof drain tube. I learn something new about my car today thank you..

Wait until you learn that they clog or if it rains too hard it'll rain in your car. Ask me how I know...

Reactions: Cduran and MYV

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wait until you learn that they clog or if it rains too hard it'll rain in your car. Ask me how I know...
I remember your post on that subject.
Lol

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
You should definitely cut out the restrictions where that drain tube attaches to the connector. You have to remove the plastic wheel well to get there. Once you do just take a razor knife to the plastic restrictive crap in the way. Easy.

Reactions: MYV and Sommer86

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You should definitely cut out the restrictions where that drain tube attaches to the connector. You have to remove the plastic wheel well to get there. Once you do just take a razor knife to the plastic restrictive crap in the way. Easy.
Give it a shot over the weekend.

·
Premium Member
17,944 Posts
Looks like the vent tube. Should be an opening for it on the battery. My tube was black in color though.
There IS a vent tube for the battery as well. Some newer AGM batteries don't have vents as they are fully sealed and can be mounted sideways or upside down even. Replaced my battery and had a similar "WTF is this hose for?" moment...

But I didn't realize the roof drains ran there - anyone know is this the same for sedan and wagon?

Reactions: MYV

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Definitely the wagon. I've done this to my regular CTS. My Vagon is sans sunroof.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
But I didn't realize the roof drains ran there - anyone know is this the same for sedan and wagon?
Sedan has the green drain hose too. Mine was out when I bought it and flooded the trunk.

The loose third brake light leaked in there too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sedan has the green drain hose too. Mine was out when I bought it and flooded the trunk.
What's the routing for this green water hose supposed to be? I need a part number, too. Similarly to you, someone has replaced it with a bluetooth tube and equipped the CTS with a fancy trunk-pool spa. Also, do you have a tray under the battery? GM shows a part number 20878054 but I can't actually find a picture of it. I'm pretty sure I've got a bluetooth battery tray in this 2009 as well, but I'd really like to find a vid of someone changing out a battery in one of these so that I could be sure.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
What's the routing for this green water hose supposed to be? I need a part number, too. Similarly to you, someone has replaced it with a bluetooth tube and equipped the CTS with a fancy trunk-pool spa. Also, do you have a tray under the battery? GM shows a part number 20878054 but I can't actually find a picture of it. I'm pretty sure I've got a bluetooth battery tray in this 2009 as well, but I'd really like to find a vid of someone changing out a battery in one of these so that I could be sure.

There is a hole in the rubber grommet that it routes through and drains in the tire wheel.

Mine does not have a battery tray - it is bolted to the floor with two hold down clamps.

Reactions: alafrosty

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a hole in the rubber grommet that it routes through and drains in the tire wheel. Mine does not have a battery tray - it is bolted to the floor with two hold down clamps.
That was super-helpful. Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge and taking those pictures.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts