Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to replace my halogen bulbs on my '18 with LED's (I bought Sylvania ZEVO 921 bulbs). I saw a posting on the regular Cadillac Forum where a guy replaced his halogens and found that the LED's "stay on a dim setting and will not totally go out" or only one bulb will work. He says that the circuit doesn't have enough resistance to work with LED's. He claims that you need to add an in-line resistor to get them to work right. I have the carbon fiber package and getting to the bulbs is going to be difficult so I don't want to go through the effort if the bulbs won't work.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Bayouman,

Not sure if this helps any, but I bought these 921 replacements:

And also did my license plate bulbs with these:

I made a video showing them here:

And I haven't seen the issue you describe. Not sure if it happens over time, but if it happens right away then I would hope I would have noticed, but the LEDs do seem to shut off properly.

But I see your concern. The license plate bulbs are easy, but the backup lights may not be but also may not be that bad.

Here is a video the helped me when i was deciding to do it or not:

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'm trying to replace my halogen bulbs on my '18 with LED's (I bought Sylvania ZEVO 921 bulbs). I saw a posting on the regular Cadillac Forum where a guy replaced his halogens and found that the LED's "stay on a dim setting and will not totally go out" or only one bulb will work. He says that the circuit doesn't have enough resistance to work with LED's. He claims that you need to add an in-line resistor to get them to work right. I have the carbon fiber package and getting to the bulbs is going to be difficult so I don't want to go through the effort if the bulbs won't work.
all you need is sylvania 921 for the reverse and 168 for the plate. That facebook guy is a joke, selling the same stuff for like $100+. Biggest racket going.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts