Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks guys, I wanted to change it from the common black. Almost got into a WDT car but knew I'd be mad when I saw a blue one. I was hoping a glacier white would come available but much happier a blue one came along.

I have some mods planned for sure . Doubt I'll take it to 800 wheel but 700 at minimum for sure.

Not much good info from v3 guys on this forum or any other forum. So gotta follow some of the gen 6 and vette guys.

Looks like I can get there pretty easy with the supporting mods it has , just want to avoid doing a cam or internals for now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Thanks guys, I wanted to change it from the common black. Almost got into a WDT car but knew I'd be mad when I saw a blue one. I was hoping a glacier white would come available but much happier a blue one came along.

I have some mods planned for sure . Doubt I'll take it to 800 wheel but 700 at minimum for sure.

Not much good info from v3 guys on this forum or any other forum. So gotta follow some of the gen 6 and vette guys.

Looks like I can get there pretty easy with the supporting mods it has , just want to avoid doing a cam or internals for now.

Sounds like you are back to being leading edge again with this V.

·
Registered
166 Posts

And how do you plan on ‘easily’ obtaining 700 rwhp ? This platform is terrible to get large hp #’s from. Mine goes in Monday for , LT Headers, cam, pulley, CAI, meth etc and expecting 650 rwhp. I’ll follow up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you get this figured out? I plan to pick up a 2016 in AZ on Monday after some jackass in a stolen rental car destroyed the backend of my 2014 sedan. AZ DMV I spoke with said they can do it all via phone/online. Give them a call, they were surprisingly helpful.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Its home now . Long drive but man what a difference from a v2. I didn't expect it to be so much of a change.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Less "hot rod" and more refined?

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Yea, tell us V2 peasants more.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Coming from a upper 700 whp V it doesn't have the same snap that pins you. Probably due to the lack of power but it does move. Lots of exhaust note changes were obvious . When the car is in track it opens the exhaust valves. When the car kicks in v4 mode it changes notes.

Not sure how I feel on the a8 . It shifts very quick part throttle and seems a bit faster than the a6 when in manual mode. I don't feel quite the same throttle response as the v2. Doesn't seem to jump as much and just want to eat road like my V2 did.

Possibly because I'm not as familiar . I can still get it sideways when hitting corners pretty predictable.

I do like the sound more and more even with the American racing lts and stainless works back. Its a bit loud for me. I am going to see to play with some stock exhaust to keep it a bit more humble.

The rest of the car just has so much more tech and creature comforts it took me a while to figure it out. The gage layouts are awesome. Has tire temp, oil temp and quite a few things the v2 didn't have.

I don't hate the cue system yet but can see why some do. The nav/Android auto setup is great. I have it in 3 other vehicle and this one is by far the best. Just think they could have done better on the angle of the screen.

I've still got a lot of learning so I won't go too deep. To the performance side,

It has a stage 2 kid from Cordes installed. Upper pulley , cold air intake , full exhaust, catch can , overflow res , and a few other mods (totaling over 7k) . Has near 600 whp now. So I think I can get near 700 with a dsx low side pump and ethanol . Probably 675 hp or so.

I don't want to run meth, I want it like my old v and seems thats going to cost a pretty penny. Going to see how the new lt stuff does. Looks like new high psi Injectors and bigger pump are out but to the tune of 2k for pump that does 10% more than lt4 pump. High psi injectors are 4500 and should be enough to get me where I want.

So it does look like 700 whp is possible without internals but not cheap.

A cam would save a good amount of cash while also gaining you some power.

One thing I hated with my v2 was the fuel range. With the squash pumps I could never run down lower than 1/4 tank. I'd like to keep the ability to get 19 mpg on 91 for longer trips.

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
So no 2650?

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
NIce color!

·
Super Moderator
16,718 Posts
Love the color combo, the only thing I don’t like is the blacked out grill emblem.

Congrats.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Love the color!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Very nice!!!

I know what you mean about the valves—the tone change on the lt4 is different coming from the V2 world.

·
Registered
206 Posts
If I ever make the move to a V3 that color is at the top of my list. Beautiful car, congrats!

And how about some form of "BLU BY U" for a plate?

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
A small clean up . This is the first car the color has enveloped me. I love it more and more, it must be something in the male DNA. This car attracts more testosterone than estrogen, wtf have i done?

Carbon side accents arrived today

Low side and flex on order

21 - 40 of 44 Posts